Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Wolves ??

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

No, I don’t think anybody has noticed us digging Greg Piccolo Mel….😉. Red Prysock is among my big influences, along with Lee Allen, Sam Butera, Illinois Jacquet, Arnett Cobb. The ” Texas tenors “.
      There was a guy joined us a while back from Texas. Introduced himself, but hasn’t joined in the forum as of yet.
      One last time Mel: I really appreciate your help in putting these clips up. Crisis of conscience, my not having the facilities to load; but as I said yesterday; hopefully a laptop soon.
      Are you still thinking about the Yani \ 10M fan mpc Mel. Mark ( Sepunick …sic )…. 10M fan himself is an absolute Beatles freak. Adores them, listens 24 \ 7. I keep hassling him as to when he’s coming to Liverpool…. LOL !!
      The invitation is open to you all. Any planned trips to Europe; Liverpool is a place to see. For many , many years this city had a dire even violent reputation. That’s all changed. Billions have been spent over the last ten years or so. The city looks fabulous. The music scene is rocking, the Summer vibe is just great. It would be so good to have one of you guys, partners, friends to come over.
      Always a place, and a rocking welcome at Chez jak….😊

Mel
      Participant

Jak I won’t be getting the Yani anytime soon. I might get the 10mfan mouthpiece for my Selmer but not rushing into anything. The new D’Addario Select jazz mouthpiece is getting good reviews. I like my Jody jazz mouthpiece.

jak Swift
        Participant

Mel,I saw a photograph a while back. The guy had posted it under the heading ” my Wife says I spend too much on mpcs “. There must have been two hundred and fifty of them all lined up on a BIG table.
          Thirty links, forty Bergs, and dozens of other makes. Crazy !! I’m keeping three tenor mpcs myself. As I said, Link, Berg, Lawton. Those three in my opinion are the real classics. Maybe the Lawton aside. I know a lot of American players dig Lawton’s; James Carter sounds amazing on his.
          The link is full and warm. The Berg brighter, the Lawton is a real early model. I’d be foolish to let it go. Yup, I’m really happy, that finally I can concentrate on the playing. Horns and mpcs all sorted….☺
          Do you have a store local Mel, that holds a decent selection. I’ve only heard good things about Mark ( 10M fans’ ) mpcs. Anything else, I’d respectfully suggest you try them out. There is just so much to be had these days; all competing to convince us , their product is for you. A mind boggling choice; I often wonder if things were easier back in the day. Sometimes too much choice is not the best thing. Jody Espina makes great mpcs…( and is a fabulous player ). You’ll know what’s right for you man.
          Enjoy the rest of your day amigo…..😊

jak Swift
          Participant

Did you check out the ” Crown Vics ” Mel ?
            A little confusing, as a band of the same name are getting pretty big. On you tube , its the clip with two bari players, one tenor man. ” Flying Home “… The guy can BLOW !!…YEAH !!!!!!😊

jak Swift
            Participant

And that’s not a hint….lol !!😇

Mel
              Participant

I have been watching the Crown Vics. They put on a good show. Here is a video of Hand Clappin. I can’t find Flying Home for some reason.

Mel
                Participant

jak Swift
                  Participant

Mel….there is a good reason. My getting my tunes confused; I’ve been working on both . It actually was ” Hand Clappin “, I meant.
                    Just about to eat after a long and hectic day. Look forward to listening to these again later. He really is some tenor man !!
                    Two Bari’s is not so uncommon. Lord Rockinghams, ” Hoots Mon ” used the same set up. The sax man Red ( Price ? ), was a Liverpool guy….☺
                    See y, all later…..

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.