Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Tomorrow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

► Says Wikipedia, “Will You Love Me Tomorrow”, sometimes known as “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow”, is a song written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King. It was first recorded in 1960 by the Shirelles; released as a single that November, it became the first song by an African-American girl group to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The song was ranked at No. 126 on Rolling Stone’s list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Billboard named the song No. 3 on its list of the “100 Greatest Girl Group Songs of All Time”

It has since been recorded by many other artists, including King on her 1971 album Tapestry.

In 1971, Carole King, who composed the music of the song, recorded a version of “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” for her second studio album Tapestry, with Joni Mitchell and James Taylor performing background vocals on separate audio channels. King’s version of the song was taken at a considerably slower tempo. David Hepworth analyzed it as “less like the pleas for gentleness on the part of a trembling virgin and more like a mature woman requiring parity in a relationship.” It gained considerable album-oriented rock airplay due to the large-scale commercial success of the album.

► From the Website, The Takeaway ~

It’s hard to believe that the song, “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” was considered racy when it became a hit 50 years ago. It was the first ever number one from an all-black female group — The Shirelles — and it broke new ground by portraying women as more than just objects of male desire. The first ever number-one song by an all-black female group, and it remained on the charts for 15 weeks. “Tomorrow” was an anthem of female adolescence, giving voice to the challenges of being a girl who longed for both love and sex at a time when only “bad girls” would admit such a thing. Until “Tomorrow”, most popular songs of the time defined women as conquests or aspirations, mere objects of male desire. There had been very little music made for girls, by girls and about girls. “Tomorrow” was revolutionary.

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/lyrically-speaking-what-is-carole-king-song-will-you-still-love-me-tomorrow-about/

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

Lyrics

… Tonight you’re mine completely
      You give your love so sweetly
      Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
      But will you love me tomorrow?
      … Is this a lasting treasure
      Or just a moment’s pleasure?
      Can I believe the magic of your sighs?
      Will you still love me tomorrow?
      … Tonight with words unspoken
      You say that I’m the only one
      But will my heart be broken
      When the night (when the night)
      Meets the morning (meets the morning) sun?
      … I’d like to know that your love
      Is a love I can be sure of
      So tell me now, and I won’t ask again
      … So tell me now, and I won’t ask again
      Will you still love me?

Source: Musixmatch
      Songwriters: Carole King / Gerry Goffin

Will You Love Me Tomorrow lyrics © Screen Gems-emi Music Inc., Aldon Music Inc., Screen-gems Emi Music (r.mellin M.)

Leo Salu
      Participant

Hello Mark, ok you sold me on this one, will be my next purchase and song to record stay tuned!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.