Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Music Theory Question about rewriting other instrument sheets to play on a sax?

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

I never got massively into Santana. Loved the band, especially the drummer who’s name has completely gone. Lear ? ” head, hands and feet ” off one of the live albums, is one of the best drum solos I’ve heard. Yeah, in short I found Carlos a bit clichéd. Fabulous player none the less.
      His comeback with Rob Thomas ( matchbox 22 ) was great. Reminded me just how good he really was. Single , I think ” cool “….
      Mel, how’s things man? 😉

Anonymous

Here’s an interesting video on learning tunes etc.

john
        Keymaster

Jak, yes I remember that drummer too, Graham Lear. he drummed for Gino Vanelli before getting the Santana gig.
          I had a couple Vanelli lp’s in high school and remember he was on one of them then heard he went on to play with Santana.
          as for Gato…I related a bit to him in the 70’s because he had that growly tone, but he never let off of it. not a big influence tho.

jak Swift
          Participant

GRAHAM !! Thanks man. Yeah that ” head hands feet solo ” was solid.
            Gato ? Not a big influence either, but I do like the way he makes his South American roots ( Bolivia ) come through.
            Small world huh …😊

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.