Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Mist ye

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Jeff,
      another one for you to listen to, only started it half an hour ago,
      its a work in progress (more classical sound). The timing is all over the shop on this one,
      just trying to get the feel of it first. See what you think?

btw the 6 canonic sonatos sound good!thanks for sharing.

brother cavefish
      Participant

this is a great sax song its relaxed and brings out a sax

brother cavefish
        Participant

if you like this you will like in a sentimental mood

Anonymous

thanks BC,
            the last couple of months, been working on various scales, trying to get notes sounding better – the upshot of it all, was my wife said “i’m fed up with all these unmusical practices” – so i thought i’d better start playing some various tunes, plain sight reading, as i haven’t got time to learn them properly, as it gets in the way of the stuff i’m trying to do properly in my lessons.
            just trying to keep the wife happy.

Anonymous

This recording creates a very mellow atmosphere. It reminds me of background music for the holiday programs we used to see in the UK years ago. It’s not so easy playing with someone else or a backing track regarding timing. Which is why I’ve not bothered at this stage, as I figure it should sound reasonably good before I attempt to play aaand keep timing with someone else. I think it’s great for a first attempt, but your sax sound needs to be louder compared to the backtrack volume. BTW – Your new avatar is grand!

Anonymous

Cheers Jeff,
                that’s the problem with recording with an iPod, the backing track and the sax are both recorded onto one track, so afterwards i can’t adjust the volumes levels separately. It’s more a case of doing sound check recordings before hand to get the backing track volume right in relation to the sax volume. What i should do is record it in Pauls studio, but i’m not at that level of playing yet, the quality would be far superior.

Keep practicing – your turn for an upload!

Anonymous

I looked through my stuff, and i don’t have sheet music & backing track for ‘in a sentimentsl mood’, also not having heard it before, i had a listen on you tube – very odd tune, wouldn’t mind trying it, i’ll have to pop down to my local music store and see if its in one of their music books. First impressions, it sounds difficult to play, and maybe beyond my scope.

Mel
                  Participant

Sxpoet – my wife like tunes once in awhile also even though she doesn’t complain. So when I play the G major scale backwards I do it to the tune of Joy To The World and then I ask her how she liked it 🙂 Great Avatar!

William Cingolani
                    Participant

I’m working on “Sweet Caroline”. The published Key is “A” major And my music book has it in the Key of B major and the lowest note is low “F”. No low “F” on the tenor sax so I transpose the music to E flat, low note is low B flat on tenor sax and backing track is in concert D flat. Tenor sax plays E flat which is concert D flat and that matches the backing track which is in D flat. Mel, my wife doesn’t like “Sweet Caroline” but she recognizes the song when I blow the horn. So Maybe I can pull it off, either with the backing track or just with the naked solo horn.

brother cavefish
                      Participant

this is a sweet version, , (i learn by ear personally)

and sentimental mood

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.