Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Leo P

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Halfwit…WRONG !! Its on Highway 61…
      I would have said for sure, the ” Bob Dylan ” album…right; I’m off to check this out ..😕

jak Swift
      Participant

Yup, it is on 61…also on these new bootlegs #6…
        I believe some of these bootlegs…” Dylan \ Grateful Dead are great…
        Yup , track 2 according to google ??
        Well done Jeff, you totally stumped me there..
        Glanced at your rhyme and it just sailed over my head…amidst this banter…☺

Anonymous

Hi Jak, I have a number of Dylan CD’s but a better version of this song is on the ‘Beyond here lies nothing’ double CD.

I prefer the newer recordings as Dylan’s voice sounds a little more like Tom Waits which IMHO, gives the songs even more character.

jak Swift
          Participant

Mornin Jeff, that’s the strangest thing; as I listened to this yesterday, my first reaction was ” this isn’t Dylan ” singing…
            The voice sounded I dunno deeper. It was only when the harmonica kicked in ….for sure !!

I still feel a bit dumb missing it, but I can’t imagine the thousands of albums I’ve listened to over many many many…etc ….years…
            If you take Dylan, Zappa, and Neil Young alone, that’s 150 albums at a conservative estimate..
            I can’t remember the name of many albums, but now its so obvious… ” Tombstone blues “…

Its only 6.30 am here in Liverpool. Just listening to the birds and thinking. I’m going to have to slow down on the playing ; music in general. BUT on!y for a short while. I try to fit in so much…too much really. Its not the playing hours; its the fact that I’m not giving my family enough time….or my friends. ( other than here !! )….
            If it doesn’t involve playing, or music, of late I haven’t been interested. Sure , I’m making up for time after the accident, but losing slings, missing obvious tracks…
            Like I said, I’m meeting myself coming back…!!
            I’m not going to post for a while. I don’t take Johnny’s courses…I just seem to waffle on, here on the forum. 99% of my ramblings have been totally tongue in cheek; better I stand back a while and let you guys get on with your courses..☺☺

I’m going to log out now , before the World wakes up…
            May, I say, its been an absolute pleasure, cyber meeting and laughing with you all. Practice hard be happy, be healthy , be nice to others….
            Until I get a laptop…. More time …both in fact..
            TAKE CARE FOLKS….Jak 😊

jak Swift
            Participant

Final word…” When the world was young “… By Stan Getz is one of the most beautiful tunes you will hear.
              One you tube version…
              Paris 63 album ( Gitanes label )… Live 😉
              Take care people…
              Peace !!

Anonymous

Good luck Jak!

Rambling on, my water painting arts course has started up for the autumn
                term. Yesterday was the first day, the arts teacher peter millward

asked everyone to introduce themselves, i felt like i was in
                a AA (alcoholics annoymouse) meeting … Hi i’m Jak, i stopped painting when i left school and now i’ve got this massive guilt feeling cause i abandoned my brush 50 years ago, man i need help, i cant even remember where i left it. Big sis used to clean her ears out with the pointy end… and on and on.

Guess what, when it came to my turn, i felt like saying, “im Dizzy, i think i’ve got a bit of a drink problem, anyone got any vodka?”
                Any the teacher looked at me and said “oh i remember you from the last course” and skipped past me.. PHEW

Jak – Stay Sharp, Stay Keen and Stay on the Scene like a Sax Machine. lol

jak Swift
                Participant

Sxpoet…. Thanks man !! Things are pretty tough right now, this forum and the friendliness of the good folks like your good self have made it a lot easier.
                  I’m going to post a main heading on the general questions page….explain….

jak Swift
                  Participant

Sxpoet, good luck with the painting course….
                    I don’t know if I ever mentioned my Pop Tony Swift was an artist. He went to the Royal Academy , London…1950 \ 54…
                    He passed away far too young…I miss him every day.
                    Being a teenager and getting into music seems so long ago now, but I guess that is where I got the ” artistic gene ”
                    Be great to see some of your work ( I have posted my mail address )….
                    I’m going to get back to the playing now…
                    Again , thank you all. Your humour has lifted my spirits many times…
                    I hope I haven’t burdened anybody with this. I live a pretty solitary lifestyle, just me and the horns ( and a thousand memories !! )….
                    I gave up the booze many years ago. It wasn’t a huge problem, but playing under the influence ??
                    I heard a recording years back of a gig we did when drink had been taken…not good …lol !!
                    Have a safe and happy day folks…
                    I hope spiritual vibes will prevail. I’ll get the break I need, and my Mom will be here to see it !!
                    That’s all that matters….

Anonymous

Thanks mate !
                      Painting to me is another form of escaping reality, you don’t have to be good at it, but you can go to a different world in it, just like music…

music takes my into a different world when the backing track comes on i’m in a different place soundwise,
                      likewise when i paint the world stops, and my mind goes to completely different world engrossed in working on the canvas. I’m not good at either, but that doesn’t bother me, its not the …. olympics, do all and end all! lol

focus – stay sharp, stay keen and don’t stand for no …. in between!
                      Get your mum whatever she wants!

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.