Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video JIM DANDY TO THE RESCUE LAVERN BAKER 1957

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

I actually have a version of voodoo chill for my bari, sounds so cool! That sounded like a bari in the video but he was playing a tenor sax?? Was it cooler to show a tenor sax back then? I don’t think I can play that song tho (version I have) because it has that LOW A, and my bari only goes to the low Bb, unless I change the key, then I wouldn’t have the backing track. Great tune for sure tho. Thanks for sharing.
      And good for you Tim, for not listening to others saying you can’t do it! Just think of the things in this world we wouldn’t have if people quit when they heard that! Like Michael said, lets see a video when you get a chance!
      Great job Michael on nailing that audition!

john
      Keymaster

ya that;s a bari alright. not sure why he did that but looking at it it was probably be cause he could do those flips and moves better with the tenor. Peter plays all the saxes and would never pose with one because it might look cooler.
        as for my old radio station, I just started to not have the time to keep putting more into it but they ran it for a while on autopilot last time I checked.
        The radio host site (live365.com I think it was) started charging more money for us and since I wasn’t making any money from it I just left it. But it was fun to program all sorts of players and tunes….it was mostly players that I know and they had sent me their cd’s for the programming and getting some play out of it. Never know, might look at it again somewhere down the line.

jake
        Participant

HaHa, or he played the tenor and the water deepened the tone changing it to a bari?? Food for thought. LOL

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.