Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Java «Filed Red-Cut» Saxophone Reeds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

thoughts on these, each MP uses different reeds , in my experience , i am normally a V16 1.5 , Java green 2, i was considering the so called file cut, reds

Mel
      Participant

I like the (2) Blue (2.5 Red) (2.5 Green) To me The red and green tend to get brighter. The red maybe a little more body and the more I play the green the more I tend to like it and play it because it has punch and is very responsive.

jake
        Participant

I have played both the red and green java reeds. In my experience the java reds tend to be softer than the greens and a little more buzzy sounding. I have preferred the red reeds versus the greens when I did use them. I have since changed reeds and now play synthetic fibracells on my tenor and alto. They also tend to be buzzy but that is the sound I am after.

john
          Keymaster

I tried the reds for the first time last Oct while out on the road and liked them more than I thought I would since I been on the greens for so long.
            They are brighter and so cut thinner I guess so they don’t stand the test of time like the greens.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.