Home Forums Show Us Your Sax How To Post a Picture Of Your Saxophone

This topic contains 36 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  William Cingolani 1 hour, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

jak Swift
    Participant

Right, I’ve got fifteen minutes before Shed time. For once, see if I can load a shot of some horns.
    😅

jak Swift
    Participant

Think I’ll just enjoy the coffee !! Pages of the stuff , patent numbers; oddly a place called ” werkit “…?? With Sam Butera clips, attributed to myself. Take a look at an early 60s Elkhart 10M. A Grassi 🙁 low Bb ) bari….another tenorsax. A pile of mpcs, and a worse pile of studies. One untidy music room…lol !!
    Probably for the best I didn’t make much progress. I’m not the best role model !!😉
    Usual safe happy and funky day all !!

jak Swift
    Participant

Sad face not intended !!😊

brother cavefish
    brother cavefish
    Participant

LOL , a Smoe is an old 40s american slang for regular guy, Joe Smoe (also spelled Joe Schmoe and Joe Schmo and “Yo Hschmo”), meaning ‘Joe Anybody’, or no one in particular, is one of the most commonly used fictional names in American English slang Adding a “Shm” to the beginning of a word is meant to diminish, negate, or dismiss an argument (for instance, “Rain, shmain, we’ve got a game to play”). This process was adapted in English from the use of the “schm” prefix in Yiddish to dismiss something; as in, “Fancy, schmancy.” 40s slang

Anonymous

A sax in the hand is worth two in a band.

Handy Sax

Anonymous

Uh uh. I know what you’re thinking. “Did he play six notes or only five?”
    Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.

luckysax

Hi BC, I was thinking about calling my lucky sax ‘Dirty Harry’.
    Perhaps I should rather call him Schmaul?

jak Swift
    Participant

LOL Brother Cavefish !! Thats kinda coming back to me now….yup…I’m just a Joe Schmoe saxman !!
    Dinky little horn Jeff…somebody once bought me one that size with a clockface set in the bell. Absolutely useless….LOL !!

Anonymous

Hi Jak, a sax which `plays’ all the time – cute!

jak Swift
    Participant

Jeff, your one liners are great. I remember the ” hi jak ” plane comment well…☺ !! Yeah, nice gift, useless clock…so small !!
    Over the years, I’ve been gifted various shirts, mugs, the sax clock. I did have an old zippo. It had a tenorsax engraved on it. Not the best job, but pretty funky. Don’t know what happened to any of this stuff …😇 !!

jak Swift
    Participant

Today, I tidied my ” music room “. The drum kit is sold thankfully. Yours truly has been asked to look after it until the studio extension is done. I only mention as I tidied a stack of sheets, dots, books, and went to buy a decent music stand. Pretty much like Johnny’s. The store was shut …ho him. Let’s see if anybody has loaded any new tunes.
    I am considering a laptop. I need to fnd a way of getting these backing tracks off of the pad , and I guess onto an I pod \ Bluetooth \ amp setup. That’s were the next cash is going…

Kirk Branch
    Participant

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Kirk%20Branch/My%20Documents%20C/kbsaxnewestin%20park.jpg

Kirk Branch
    Participant

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Kirk%20Branch/My%20Documents%20C/kbsaxnewestin%20park.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.