Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Finale Print Music Software

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Oh, did I say ” you are doing great !! “…☺☺
      Speak soon guys….

Anonymous

No Sax Today (i take a random day off from Sax playing every week).

The wife’s wants to learn more about chinese painting, so it’s off to another arts class this time to try out my hand at chinese painting, its more like calligraphy painting compared to normal, tried it once and couldn’t get the hang of it. I’d rather eat prawn crackers, than be driven crackers, but funny enough this painting larks good fun in a class with other people.

jak Swift
        Participant

Sxpoet, hi man. Chinese painting; that sounds beautiful. I just want to put sax stuff aside for a moment to say thankyou.
          You are obviously a busy guy, but each day you take the time to chat….it means a lot.
          I tried to post this earlier, but after the Doctor had been, Mum wanted to watch some cable TV…
          I hadn’t noticed before but the post wouldn’t load; the pad , phone , and cable all run off the same router..
          Seriously, thanks man. It never rains it seems….Mum being ill my Conn in the store….
          On the positive, today’s altissimo was excellent.
          I do hope your right and the Conn comes home in good shape.
          I don’t ask for much , if anything. Mums health and a burning desire to be the best player I possibly can…
          I could switch to bari full time, a horn I have no issues with, my strong point. No way !!
          For a long time I had no access to an altissimo sheet that actually worked. I’d used my own fingerings for the occasional screaming note.
          Now its getting better every day, a full chromatic octave ☺☺ !!
          But back to the point, thankyou man, thankyou all for your support. It is a real pleasure speaking with like minds, regardless of where we are at with our playing, we all need friends.
          Thanks to Johnny and this great site, the support of your good selves means the world right now…
          Thankyou so much….jak

Anonymous

Cool Jak – chinese painting . everythings so different, brush, paper, strokes. To me it would be like strapping a reed to my tongue and playing the sax. It is a more relaxed painting style than our western style of panting approach. i now appreciate the chinese style water garden, and tea ceremony, so peaceful, it all ties together. water chimes in the back ground…

I’m sure when your Conn returns, you’ll be altissimowing away, much to
            mum’s delight! or will it be more ‘moon river’ or ‘summertime’?

Thanks for the EMB feedback, about me getting tired very quickly face wise.
            I presume as time goes on, the strain will be a lot less? I was beginning to think i was doing something wrong.

Progress is slow with the 5ths & 6ths, but im in no rush. its just great to hear what a 5th and a 6th sounds like, it’s like being deaf and then hearing rain drops for the first time. All these different interval sounds, and im completely blind and ignorant to their difference in sound. aaahh

cheers
            mate

more sax tomorrow, getting withdrawal symptons, have to practice in the
            dark again with my fingers! Stay sharp, stay keen, and rock that sax machine!

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.