Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Eight tunes on Soprano

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wayne wojnarowski
    Participant

William you are a funny man, Your tone is very haunting, very cool I could swear you looked just like Sinatra when you were younger,beautiful video shots, do you live where the pictures are from? beautiful pictures, is that your dog? Man you are multi talented, you know whats so cool, maybe I’m depressed, but your song evoked a melancholy feeling in my heart, and I think that’s fantastic cause that’s what we are supposed to do make people feel emotions through our playing, my hat’s off to you SIR.. you most certainly do ROCK or is it SWING!!

Anonymous

Wow! William that sounds grand to me. That’s the way I like to hear the Sax, crystal clear.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Wayne. Actually that was Sinatra. . The pictures were here in Florida behind the house. We live between the Atlantic ocean and the intracoastal waterway. Two of the pics are in St Petes, Fl. I usually record myself using Garage Band and lay some pics and video into iMovie and put it all together with my recorded sound track

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Hi guys man sx poet what a great Dave Liebman Video it was very long but I got sucked into it now I understand the importance of overtones I’m going to make that my priority now in my schedule of practicing. Loved the the story about Sonny Rollins hey Mike Johnnie was right keep blowing loud and hard good development for our chops, I don’t know where I heard it, however if Joe Henderson never used his octave key what throat chops he must have HUH?? Where is the palm key D in someones exercise they say don’t use the regular D use the palm key D, when trying to get overtones or something like that, also Liebman said the only true note out of the horn is the Bb ?? Very interesting?? Hey sx poet what’s shaking, thanks for that Great Video turn us on to more!!!!!!!

wayne wojnarowski
            Participant

OK what gives????????????? Johnnie how come often times I make comments and it says they are posted but they don’t get posted?? Do you screen them or something ?? It’s hard enough for me to type them once let alone twice. SX poet excellent video by Liebman don’t know where I heard or read about it but in reference to overtones someone said use the palm key D not the regular D where is it at?? Also if Joe Henderson never needed to use the octave key!!! man he’s got some chops eh!!! I’m making overtones 1’st practicing priority, Sx Poet keep the great videos coming!!

William Cingolani
              Participant

Wayne, In my Stan Getz music book Stan often plays middle D with the palm key. It’s the side “D” fingering (Palm Key) without the octave key depressed. I suppose you can play D* that way too using the side (palm) keys

Anonymous

Hi Wayne – it was Dazza that posted the dsvid liebman video.
                  And Jeff posted where you can read his book that i have been using to practice my overtones since last year.

Anonymous
                    wayne wojnarowski
                    Participant

Thanks Bill Jake and sx poet, Bill I figured out the palm key, sx poet did you watch the video of Liebman in France I thought it was funny that he’s eating croissants and drinking than picks up the horn and starts blowing!EHHH!!!!!!!!!! Don’t you think that food winds up in his horn??Did you ever drink beer while playing your pads get sticky. My G# sticks . Guys I’m doing exercises called octave drops I think and they are really cool , Sx poet I think they are on the order of what you have been practicing, Jake thanks for posting the book man I think Liebman is Phenomenal. When I figure out what it is I am practicing I’ll let you guys know it’s definitely tone study stuff , I get all excited when i find something new to practice!!

wayne wojnarowski
                      Participant

Dazza thanks for the video! I thought it was great Liebman talks a lot like me LOL if you have any others keep em coming bud. !!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.