Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Eight tunes on Soprano

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wayne wojnarowski
    Participant

Jeff just listened to your “Sophie’s 3rd day, I never knew to click on it !!!! DUH You sound good Jeff it sounds classical to me. Cool !!

wayne wojnarowski
      Participant

Just found in the garden , sounds good as well !!! I too thought you got pretty low on it, but you have a good tone Jeff , do you play alto , and or tenor,?? Is it hard to change between the horns , meaning your embouchure ??

Anonymous

Hi Marc and Wayne, thank you for the compliments. It’s early days yet, I’ve had my Alto two years, my Tenor three months and the Soprano only two weeks.
          There is a big difference in embouchure between the three. The Soprano’s control is focussed in the middle of the lip, I tried the trick of turning the mouthpiece a little to the side which exposes more lip area to the reed and makes it a bit easier to control, but this is going to take quite some getting used to. I play the Tenor MP with most of the flat contact area in my mouth and the Alto is somewhere in between the two positions.

These recordings are meant to provide some record of my progress, as to me I seem to struggle with the same issues, but it’s the casual listener who can provide accurate evaluation. When I first make the recordings they sound full of mistakes, but after a while they seem to get better – LOL – which just shows just how critical I can be! I love to listen to other people’s efforts and I wish more folks would record their progress to encourage us beginners.

William Cingolani
          Participant

Sounds great Jeff. I like the pure sound of the horn alone with no backing track.

William Cingolani
            Participant

Jeff,
              How are you able to post the recording without using Youtube

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

Jeff I thought I was going nuts I made a comment about your playing and when I got home today, it was gone ???Two weeks on soprano Man if you lived close to me I’d take you out for a couple of beers, very nice tone Jeff I also would like to know as William would how did you get that type of recording out. Jeff I’m so challenged technically, that on Super Bowl sun. I ha a little package of sounds for you Bev and the puppy, but seeing that I got so confused with this stupid computer I gave up!! Is it hard to do what you did?? If it’s a long explanation can I give you my email and you can tell me that way. ?? Keep up the good work I agree with William again without backing tracks you are sort of playing naked so to speak
                easier to hear and judge your self.I’ve been thinking about getting a tenor but alto drives me batty enough, maybe not now.

William Cingolani
                Participant

Wayne,
                  I’ll soon post a tune without backing tracks, maybe tomorrow. Playing naked, just me and the horn

wayne wojnarowski
                  Participant

William I am rolling around laughing my butt off !!!!!!!!!!! GOOD COME BACK That was so funny, Hey but you know maybe you got something there!!!

Anonymous

Hi William and Wayne, thanks for the compliments.

William I have my own website so it’s rather like Cloud storage. I just copy the MP3 file to my allocated directory on that server, and then post the address of the MP3 file, in this forum page using the ‘underlined link button’.

Wayne you have to remember that I’ve put many hours of practice into my Alto, and I guess it goes a long way to helping me with the Soprano and Tenor reeds too.
                      After some 40+ attempts at these tunes, a cold beer would have been very welcome – Cheers! I set up my microphone positioned in front of the sax, which I now have a proper stand for, adjust the recording level and play. All the tunes are recorded separately, then I just copy and paste them into a single file. I use ‘Audacity’ to delete the dead space at the beginning and end of each tune, and export it as a MP3 file, which I then upload to my web-space on the remote server.

To be honest I have enough things to ‘juggle’ what with playing the sax and watching the recording, reading music etc. Perhaps later I will try and play with some backing tracks, but for the moment the ‘naked’ sax sound is sufficient for me. I figure that if I can make the song sound reasonable it can only sound better with the backing track added (fingers crossed).

William Cingolani
                      Participant

This one of my “Desafinado” tunes.You know, Slightly out of tune and I blew it in the raw, with no backing track. Wayne this is for you. https://youtu.be/Kfj6IPLsDeY

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.