Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions A little time off !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi folks, earlier this morning I mentioned to Jeff that things are kind of getting on top of me and to an extent getting me worried and down…
      I’ve had a great life in music over the years. Its taken me to some fine places, and I’ve met some wonderful people…
      Right now, I’m back living in the Family home, looking after my Mother. She is my best friend and it really chokes me up to have to say she is very unwell.
      It goes without saying, I do all I possibly can to help run the house, to keep Moms spirits up…
      Yesterday for some reason was an awful day, I lay awake for hours thinking about things. I have not been in the wrong, but to stave off the blues I have been totally engrossed in my playing, listening, chatting on here. Trying to laugh my way through a bad time.
      Not good, I need to address the issues that are inevitable. If Mom needs to go into ” sheltered accommodation “….at least she will get the care and attention of trained staff. That leaves me homeless, literally….
      Sure, I can get a cheap apartment. Will my horns be safe ? Will I be able to play without bothersome neighbours ?
      These things can take a back seat…my only concern is getting Mom back into better health.

jak Swift
      Participant

It didn’t seem right to just close my ” page ” here, without some kind of explanation…..
        I really need some ” quiet time “…see how things turn out…
        I know this is all a little personal, but I don’t mind, if you don’t…
        I will keep looking in, but as I say , I don’t participate in Johnny’s courses. Its been fabulous having a good laugh, a real tonic….
        I’m kind of lost for words now…
        If anybody wants to keep in touch by mail…
        indicajak@gmail.com….
        Thanks Johnny, thanks everybody for having me here. I don’t know how things are going to fall , but at the risk of repetition… Looking after my Mother and best friend…..
        Its always going to come first…

jak Swift
        Participant

The good lady has just come downstairs…
          To be told ” I don’t know what I’d do without you “… has really touched me…
          Sxpoet, yeah man, I’ll stay sharp, stay strong, and again thank you all for your friendship….
          Speak sometime in the future….
          Take care of each other….
          Best always…jak😢

Pete
          Participant

Hi Jak
            Get your mom sorted she must come first then worry about
            your problems after. Jak you are a survivor and things will get better
            for you, I hope and wish for you Jak that all comes good, love to your
            mom and stay tough.

Anonymous

It’s cool Jak, it’s all part and parcel of life. Like my work mate said to his son “when you grow up, you gonna find some things in life unpleasant that you just have to get on with, but i wont tell you about them now.” He was referring to dentists and doctors etc…

My parents passed away 17 and 11 years ago, and me mom was the last to go. What frustrated me was the red tape associated with elderly folks.
              Everytime i rang up about something on behalf of me mom, they would say sorry we have to speak to your mum.
              And i would tell them well she cant hear properly on the phone…

When they lowered her body into the grave, i thought all that societys red tape that stressed her out, there aint half some …… idiots in life that make up stupid rules, just to rip people off to make money.

Anyway – still drop in mate, otherwise we’ll miss you, and don’t forget if you aint got time to play the sax, you can still practice the virtual sax and go over the theory in your head (i practice fingering positions in the dark at night in bed)

just like the guy in this film

he used to sit at a piano and play it
              without touching the keys so no one
              could hear him

jak Swift
              Participant

Guys , I’m choked honestly. I didn’t know whether to post all stuff on here….its a sax site .
                Now I know I did the right thing. For years Sxpoet I’ve had dealings with people who are only interested in $$$ !!
                All that you guys have said has reinforced my belief that there are some very genuine people about; a beleif that has been tried to breaking point at times.
                I feel a whole lot better, now I’ve mentioned it.
                There will always be time for playing , its what I do…
                I just needed to take my head out of the sand and address the problems…
                Marie, my Mum is here now…her words….
                ” Thankyou for your kind thoughts, and im not going anywhere yet “….
                I’m just so glad its been taken in such a generous spirit……
                So , ” normal ” service is pretty much resumed…
                The level of friendship here is very moving…
                Thankyou…☺

Anonymous

Hi Jak, I’ve been in this situation with both my parents who had Parkinson’s.
                  The best advice I can give you is to concentrate on taking it just one day at a time.

Don’t worry about what may happen tomorrow, plan for it and forget it.
                  Dwelling on the problems will only make you depressed, which in very unproductive.

Celebrate the good days and play your music to ease you through the difficult periods.
                  Find something funny everyday to laugh about together.

Here’s wishing you many happy days with your Mum.
                  Best wishes, Jeff and Beverly

jak Swift
                  Participant

Jeff, Beverly…. Thankyou !!
                    I’ve got it off my chest and although down am dealing with things….
                    Thankyou all for taking the time to post these messages….it means a lot …

jak Swift
                    Participant

Thankyou everybody !!
                      Give it a while and I’ll be back. So glad I mentioned it. I kept going off on tangents, comment on this , that , anything…
                      I’m a lot calmer now; ready to do what it takes to work through all this…
                      Take care..
                      Speak soon….
                      Jak….

jak Swift
                      Participant

OK folks…THANKYOU !!
                        I really don’t want to drag this out but man am I glad I mentioned it….
                        Your empathy has been wonderful….
                        Just thinking, being a ” musician ” is a long road. No pension plans, no assurance…
                        BUT….a day at a time…
                        Time to try to see the cup as still half full; the bills are paid…the larder is full…
                        I’m just watching Mum: I booked her hairdresser to come to the house…the simple things…
                        I am a survivor Pete : and intend to stave off the darker moments at all costs….
                        I’m going to finish this cup of tea….and give the Lawton a blast…
                        Just taking it nice and easy…
                        Have a safe & happy weekend folks…
                        One last time…thankyou !!
                        Let’s get back to the sax stuff folks…I might not be playing ridiculous hours each day, but honestly… It really would be the best tonic !!
                        Best…. Jak

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.