Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video YAS-52 back again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Wanted to participate with an upload, but practice sessions just kept going by and I couldn’t improve this song despite my efforts. So decided today was the day to give it my best shot and move on, but after 3-4 tries my embrochure faded to the point where the overall result came across without the energy it started with. Oh well it is what it is. Once I’m practicing more I’ll get more air support and some stronger lip muscles hopefully.
      For this recording I moved the mic about 12in farther away which picks up more of the room sound characteristics. So this take is just the sound provided by the mic and the room, no effects. Still mixed thoughts on how it came out…
      This song is fun to try to play. It could use more altissimo notes(more energy, growls, dynamics,etc.). I took a stab at the G, but won’t venture any more into those until I’ve worked thru JF’s course(starting next week!). Hope you at least enjoy the backing track musicians. Great arrangement IMHO…

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Nice one Kevin! Real groovy tune–what is the name of that tune? Where did you get the track? Sounds so familiar, but can’t put a finger on it. Great job with your playing Kevin and good for you to take those steps forward to get going in the Altissimo range. I think you’ll do really great with it. The rewards are huge to say the least 🙂
        I got my tuner earlier this week, big help in being able to see the tuning. It’s going to help my ears for sure, the A440 hz videos just weren’t enough for me. The tuner showed on my last upload I had the MP pushed too far in, which is why it all sounded kind of harsh. But no worries, that’s all fixed now and will re-upload that Blues tune as soon as I can. Keep up the great work, I love your use of Vibrato, your videos always encourage me!

Anonymous

Spot on – to me the sax sound is less distorted, i can hear both sax & backing track in focus!

Well played Kevin! Dont know the song, sounds Lion Kingish?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.