Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Would this make good Saxophone music or what? Otis Redding…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,
      Got my tuner yesterday and it’s been great. And it has shown what I suspected I had done on my last video…I pushed the MP in too far in so I was too sharp through out the entire song. Being able to visually see the tuning is definately going to help me fine tune my ears for sure….big help. I’ll re-upload that Blues Brothers Instrumental sometime this coming week.

I just wanted to share these songs by Otis Redding….couldn’t help but think how good of a Saxophone Instrumental these 2 songs of his would make 🙂

Anonymous

if you get the backing chords for the 1st song, a sax accompanyment melody/solo should be quite easy to figure out.

the 2nd song i would be more inclined to play harmony on the sax – a lot more difficult.

interesting to see what you come up with.

The last school concert i went to, 2 lads got on stage, one played keyboard & the other lad sang.

When i got home, my eldest daughter told me my youngest daughter wrote the harmony for the music! Apparently no one in here year could write the harmony, they were all stuck on what to write, so she discovered she’s got a natural ability for figuring out/writing harmony! (pleased as punch i was)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.