Home Forums Share a Saxophone Video Wolves ??

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jak Swift jak Swift 5 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jak Swift
    jak Swift
    Participant

Mel,I saw a photograph a while back. The guy had posted it under the heading ” my Wife says I spend too much on mpcs “. There must have been two hundred and fifty of them all lined up on a BIG table.
    Thirty links, forty Bergs, and dozens of other makes. Crazy !! I’m keeping three tenor mpcs myself. As I said, Link, Berg, Lawton. Those three in my opinion are the real classics. Maybe the Lawton aside. I know a lot of American players dig Lawton’s; James Carter sounds amazing on his.
    The link is full and warm. The Berg brighter, the Lawton is a real early model. I’d be foolish to let it go. Yup, I’m really happy, that finally I can concentrate on the playing. Horns and mpcs all sorted….☺
    Do you have a store local Mel, that holds a decent selection. I’ve only heard good things about Mark ( 10M fans’ ) mpcs. Anything else, I’d respectfully suggest you try them out. There is just so much to be had these days; all competing to convince us , their product is for you. A mind boggling choice; I often wonder if things were easier back in the day. Sometimes too much choice is not the best thing. Jody Espina makes great mpcs…( and is a fabulous player ). You’ll know what’s right for you man.
    Enjoy the rest of your day amigo…..😊

jak Swift
    Participant

Did you check out the ” Crown Vics ” Mel ?
    A little confusing, as a band of the same name are getting pretty big. On you tube , its the clip with two bari players, one tenor man. ” Flying Home “… The guy can BLOW !!…YEAH !!!!!!😊

jak Swift
    Participant

And that’s not a hint….lol !!😇

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

I have been watching the Crown Vics. They put on a good show. Here is a video of Hand Clappin. I can’t find Flying Home for some reason.

Mel
    Mel
    Participant

jak Swift
    Participant

Mel….there is a good reason. My getting my tunes confused; I’ve been working on both . It actually was ” Hand Clappin “, I meant.
    Just about to eat after a long and hectic day. Look forward to listening to these again later. He really is some tenor man !!
    Two Bari’s is not so uncommon. Lord Rockinghams, ” Hoots Mon ” used the same set up. The sax man Red ( Price ? ), was a Liverpool guy….☺
    See y, all later…..

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.