Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Wolves ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi folks, hope everybody is well. I’m going to have to research this a little; but in short.
      Last night, the last song on Iggy Pops weekly radio show; a slow tune by a young lady whose name I have to find. A good song; slow; but the most amazing solo at the end. I say at the end , it took up the last third of the track.
      So; why such interest ? Well; firstly , it was the best ” modern ” solo I have heard in a long time. The big thing….I think I may know the guy that played it. Martin Green and I both attended music school in the eighties. From there we both ended up in ” Amazon ” studios; Liverpool. Martin recording with the band ” Black “, myself with the newly formed ” Shack ” on their first album….” Zilch “.
      ( sadly this album had all kinds of production issues, and was re mastered. Credits given to Snake Davies horn section. As to whether the ts \ bs parts are mine and were left on, I have no idea. Long time back and no real interest ).Prior to ” Shack “…the band was ” The pale fountains “….now Michael Head and the ” Red elastic band ”
      Martin made the huge leap , moving to London to work as a session player. From what I have heard, he found it incredibly demanding, finally getting a break on Gordon Haskell’s second album.
      I digress. I know Martins playing. He’s a great guy, and a tremendous player. If this is him on this track….if I can find it…now a world class player. ” Wolves “….that’s all I have to go on; but I’m going to check it out later.
      Great weekend all….jak 😯

jak Swift
      Participant

KAREN ELSON !! Hope you enjoy it…!!☺

jak Swift
        Participant

Wolf, not wolves. The you tube clip sounds a lot shorter than the track played last night. Still a great solo. Is it Martin ? Guess I’ll never know unless I buy the album.
          Great weekend folks….😊

jak Swift
          Participant

Hmmm…apologies for going off on a bit of a tangent there. I’ve looked into it ; wolf, wolves; I guess there is more than one take. My old friend or not, if you get a chance , give it a listen, it really is a great solo.
            Back to better known players, if tone is your thing, check out an older ” Fathead ” Newman playing Alfie on you tube…stunning !!😊

jak Swift
            Participant

No listens.. ? No worries; it is a great solo.
              I’m gonna stop doing this. The forum states load a clip. All I can do is suggest; I can’t load. Apologies. As for mpcs….Berg, Lawton, Link….three classics. Done !! Reeds , Done !!
              Playing….let’s get to it !!☺
              Take care everybody. I’ve said enough for now. Have a great Summer and I’ll be checking these clips as often as I can.
              TAKE IT EASY…..JAK.😉

Mel
              Participant

Liked it Jak!

jak Swift
                Participant

Mel; you are a Gentleman. I’ve been really stressing as to my place here. I don’t have the facilities to load stuff, but really am enthusiastic about great playing, and sharing it. When nobody commented on that last one ; I guess I thought ” enough “….” I can’t just talk it up and let somebody else take the work “……
                  The level of friendship here is just great..!!
                  ☺THANKS MEL !!
                  Haven’t heard the whole album, but I’m glad you liked the solo…..My old. friend or not, that is some class playing…

jak Swift
                  Participant

I thought you were on holiday man !!😇

jak Swift
                    Participant

Can’t resist letting you know one last one. The ” Crown Vics “. Not to be confused with the Rockabilly band from Bangor , Maine; I’m not sure where they are from ?
                      We touched on ” Flying Home “….check out the tenor man. Its all on you tube. Superb player…!!
                      Been listening to Red Prysock, pretty much constant this last week. Man what a player. The album ” Zonked ” is a must have if R & R is your thing. Don’t have it to hand right now, but one track…” Rooster Strut ” ( walk ? ) just about sums our thing up in one short track. A kind of medium tempo blues shuffle, it has everything. Walking bass line, I think played on bari; tenor solo over. 2.30.
                      First chance I get to go in the studio, this one is going down !!
                      Until I get a laptop; take care, practice hard, and yeah….I guess I’ll see y,all if and when….
                      Health & Happiness….jak☺

Mel
                      Participant

Rooster Walk – A good tune. I like Red Prysock a lot. A big influence on Piccolo. I like that Heavy Juice album by Piccolo a lot if anyone hasn’t noticed. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.