Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions What's this thing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geoff scott
    Participant

On my bari just after the loop on the bell side there is a protrusion with a thumb screw coming out of it. The screw hole does not enter the horn but just goes into the protrusion. The protrusion has a hole through the top to the bottom where you can see the screw enter from the front. It looks like it’s surely there to hold or secure something. A miniature music stand? I don’t know and haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

Anonymous

Hi Geoff

It’s to attach a sheet music holder called a Lyre for marching bands. See links below for examples.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Free-Shipping-Inventory-Music-Stand-for-Alto-Saxophone-Music-Clip/32278082097.html

http://www.sax.co.uk/sax-lyre.ir

geoff scott
        Participant

Of course. Thanks Jeff. I’ve been out of the horn world for so long I’d forgotten.

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Hemp Reeds, and Fiber carbon Reeds Hi Johnnie long time no see or hear, About a week ago i heard you on alto trying out the new reeds, Johnnie i think you sound GREAT !!! on alto , any advice on a strength that would be good for me? I went from a Meyer 8 HR to a yanigasawa metal 9 tip opening with a Rovner Versa ligature. I was blown away at the brightness and ease of playing as compared to the Meyer. However now I’m experiencing frustration my hi d d# e f f# aren’t coming thru as easily as they were, I to just went through a box of 3 and 3.5 looking for 1 stinking good one. Advice sir??

Pete
            Participant

Hi Wayne
              Hope you are ok, you have a larger tip opening now
              so you need to push more air through and also it
              will take time to get use to the metal piece after.

having a hard rubber. Try a softer reed also if I were you
              I have just purchased HEMP reed and found so responsive and easy
              to blow straight away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.