Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Wake UP Call

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

And just in case you haven’t seen this awesome performance

Anonymous

Great post Jeff, i was listening to Paul play a Michael Jackson number a few weeks ago in his studio, i hope he uploads it to youtube.

Mel
        Participant

Nicely Done!

jak Swift
          Participant

Is this guy your teacher Jeff ? I’ve seen this recently; whoever ( cyber ) showed me the clip; yeah , I remember them saying they had taken some lessons. Nice player !!☺

jak Swift
            Participant

Ah haaaa, sxpoet !! Hi man !!☺

Anonymous

Hi Jak!

Anonymous

Hi Jak

No, unfortunately not! Paul lives in the UK and I live in South Africa. I don’t have a sax teacher as there isn’t one anywhere near us. I really heavily on Johnny’s site, and what I can learn from the posts of others who are willing to share information on the internet. It occurred to me the other day that it takes a long time to be able to do what Johnny tells us to do, correctly; as one has to practice for hours until it becomes second nature. Playing the sax is closer to singing than just providing the air for the instrument. Cheers

jak Swift
                  Participant

Hi Jeff, thanks man. Good to hear you are well and my apologies for my confusion. Things are well on the mend now, there isn’t a day goes by without having to fit in a shed load of stuff. ( bad pun ).
                    Its going to be a busy year, and next. I mentioned to Mel; a job in the music industry may be coming up. Playing, studio, booking bands ( and hopefully playing with them !! ) its all based around a newly built centre for the poor folk in recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. Its not a done deal yet, by a long way. It would be both a challenge; and I get to tutor, play , plus all the above daily. I guess in short , it would be very self satisfying. Gotta dash, but I’ll keep you all posted. Best. Jak

Anonymous

Hi Jak, I’ll hold thumbs for you. Working around saxes and playing music sounds great, as you get to do what you love to do.

jak Swift
                      Participant

Jeff, thanks man. In short, I’m a very lucky guy. I’ve been to the place today; met the previous ” events manager “. He has another month or so and is moving on. I took my 10M along and had a half hour blast through the house p.a…Bose !!
                        Yeah, I’m stoked !! Finally things are coming together after a dreadful coupla years. That’s in the past, that’s where its staying !!
                        I’ve got a good feeling about this and will keep you all posted. Take care….jak

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.