Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Vintage Berg on E Bay !!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Yeah, my 95\1 offset duckbill, is up right now. Its early fifties. I saw ” retro revival ” mpc ad on FB. No idea what fortune they are asking, but compare their Berg ” master copy ” to mine. Yup, its the same. Coupla people have suggested, I open it up. I have a guy who would do a great job, but some things are best left. This is a true classic. Anybody comfortable around 95 tip ( about 5*\6 ); this mpc is stunning. I really don’t mind if it goes or not. The TJ tenorsax is also up. The Lawton ( Geoff ) is being sold on commission. At 6B, I can point you right to it.
      Have a funky day….jak

jak Swift
      Participant

My offset Berg 130\1 arrived today; from St Louis to Liverpool. I’ve not gone that wide, but been building up to it over a long period. Two mpcs ive always wanted. A Lamberson DD, which I was told was the gnarliest R&B style tenorsax mpc. I have a very square but incredibly narrow jawline. It was ” there ” but hard rubber , I can’t do. Just too bulky. ( maybe a Quantum ). Its always been Bergs, I guess it always will be. Never thought I’d be in a position to replace my 10M\Berg combo: but thanks to good luck, hard saving , and a dogged determination, as of today….job done !!
        I’m keeping both Bergs. They are both offset, both have a great voice. The closer at 95\1 works great for ballads; just takes a hard reed.
        The 130\1…WOW !!!! Its gonna take a few months to really rip, but I’m happy, happy, happy !!
        Been a long time coming.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.