Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Villa Rides Again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

The music score is in “C” major. In transposing it to “D” major for the tenor sax I see that there are mucho repeats so I played the tenor sax a bit before Maurice Jarre and the Boys in the Band started playing and I played a bit at the end.

Mel
      Participant

I enjoy your videos William. Good one. Liked the Three Amigos! 🙂

Michael Bishop
        Participant

That’s really cool William 🙂 I used the live in New Mexico, that video takes me back there. Some of Clint Eastwood’s Westerns were filmed in New Mexico and I’m a big fan of his western movies. Thanks for sharing 🙂

john
          Keymaster

well done William.

William Cingolani
            Participant

Thanks Mel and Johnny and Michael. Now it’s off to my next project

Anonymous

That’s good William, I like hearing your progress. Keep up the good work.

Where did you find the sheet music?
                All I can find is Lawrence of Arabia and Lara’s theme!
                I’ll keep looking.

William Cingolani
                Participant

Thanks Jeff. None of the sheet music places had “The Theme from Villa Rides”. So I went to Amazon and there was one seller who had it and he was selling it on eBay for about $24. The original price was .75 cents. What is your mailing address. I can send you a copy by snail mail.
                  William

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

Hi William–do you have the backing track/sheet music for this upload you did on your Vimeo channel? I’m fluent in Spanish (Castilian Spanish) and I’ll be working on building my repertoire up with Latin music very soon, been so heavy into the blues that I have overlooked Latin music–shame on me. My e-mail is baboon4215@gmail.com. Would be more than happy to give you some $ through paypal, my way of saying thanks 🙂

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

Got the e-mail, thank you William 🙂 Very cool for the Saxophone, would be great on either Alto or Tenor. On the MP3 that you sent me with the Tenor Sax playing, was that you?!? You sound really, really good! Very solid sound–nice, warm, open, clean tone. Great articulation too. Very, very cool.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.