Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Using the MP/reed only, where do you teach this at/where can I find it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      My Instructor has been teaching me a super-cool technique of using only the MP/reed to play along with intervals/notes on my organ here at home and I use it all the time now, great stuff 🙂 Sxpoet mentioned that you teach this too so I wanted to look for it/practice what you teach but I can’t find it. Is it in one of your courses that I haven’t gotten around to buying yet? I need to buy it from you where ever it’s at! 🙂 It’s not in your Major Scale course, is it? I was going to start your new Major Scale course in June because of being focused on Killer Blues ebook. Please help me out here and I can buy it from you,thanks! 🙂 My Instructor said not many Sax teachers show their students this technique, it’s mainly only brass players that use it. That’s so cool you teach it too, I didn’t know that…shame on me 🙂 I’ve been really busy since October with this move into our new house, sorry if I missed it.

Anonymous

shame on you Michael – What JF teaches JF preaches!!

The daily practice routine course came out after the altissimo course! look in the courses blog

Michael Bishop
        Participant

LOL That’s where it’s at, cool. I knew I had seen it somewhere, thanks 🙂 I’ll pick up the course here shortly.

Anonymous

to be fair Michael i would e-mail JF privately about whether to get the course, from what i gather you are doing now, you may not need it.

john
            Keymaster

Ya it’s the first exercise in the “Perfect Daily Practice Routine” which is listed under my “courses” section.
              It’s a daily saxophone practice routine that covers the few most important things everyone should practice everyday
              to advance in playing, rather than waste time on things that may or may not be beneficial.
              Blowing on only the mp and reed does wonders for our tone, intonation and embouchure, therefor one of those truly “excellent” exercises
              every sax student should do, but most don’t.

Anonymous

@Michael – i joined JF’s site a few weeks after learning the Sax.
                Although i started sax lessons with a seasoned working Pro, i used JF’s e-book for learners at the same time, as well as the altissimo and daily practice routine later on. I have yet to do both improvisation courses.

JF’s stuff is invaluable, like my pro says – he’d rather be taught by someone working in the business, than someone whose never played for a living, experience carries more clout. I’ve also found JF to be a decent honest guy – you can tell by his courses he doesn’t over exaggerate them or dress them up – you get the meat needed to build a strong sax player.

In a way i am one of JF students – most of my skills are built around the expertise he has imparted in his e-books and courses. I’ve surprised my teacher by growling, playing altissimo nites & good tones. There are areas in my playing that JF can’t improve, mainly because thats down to me to put the time in to improve them. This is where my own personal teacher can help me out, things like hearing correct timing & phrasing among other things – theory etc..

I thought it quite funny thst you went somewhere else to find something out, that was already under your nose in JF’s site – just goes to show hiw good JF is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.