Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions used sax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

I’ve been paying super, super close attention to Take Five on this 5/4 time and actually noticed exactly what you’re saying here, it’s way more simpler to break it up exactly like you described. I wouldn’t say that I “hum” it like other tunes in 4/4 time–I needed to rephrase this. Sometimes I’m not good with words on cpu.

That’s exactly the ticket: knowing I can trust someone reputable with the purchase of a $3,000 Pro Sax v.s. someone on ebay who I know nothing about. I could tell instantly that these guys know what they’re doing just from talking with them over the phone and we’re super cool. We all have to make a living but I don’t like the feeling of going into a music shop and the only thing the guy over the counter is concerned about is making a quick dollar if you know what I mean. They really love the sound of Vintage Selmers paired with Guardalas; just like the rest of us. I forget the name of the rep I spoke with today, but he says he plays a Selmer too but said he wouldn’t not hesitate at all to play the Trevor James I’m looking at–I’m not looking at one of their student models–but said that between the Selmer and Trevor James it’s basically like calling “heads or tails” on a Coin Toss.

On the funny side: They have problems pronoucing your last name too…..I say your last name like I speak with Castilian Spanish and they asked me, “Johnny who?” LOL Speaking of spanish, I will be doing some latin songs in alto sax this year…….GORGEOUS music!

Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.