Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Up to date !!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi, just popped in to say hello and to thank you Johnny, for the chance to download ” Chicken Shack “. What a great tune !! The guy holding my money eventually folded and as of this morning, I have it back. Thanks sxpoet for taking the time to download the Hammerschmidt page. Seems the horn was a bit of a hybrid. Though it said ” Silvertone ” across the bell, the guards were ” Klingsor “. Such a shame. It looked stunning by photograph, but was a complete mess. He tried and tried, sending insulting mails, veiled threats, but after a little friendly persuasion, paid up today. So, the search is back on, with more care less haste. I’m not totally E Bay finished, just a few caveats. I’m really busy, but there are a few decent horns up. A new policy. If the sellers will drive to Liverpool, and the tenors are in perfect condition, I’ll throw a few bones for petrol costs. I think that’s fair. If I’m spending a thousand pounds ??? We live in a small country, a maximum of a half day, all done. Anyhow, the tenors concerned, its up to them. I’m actively looking, so if any UK members have a tenorsax they want to offload, please gimme a shout….BUT….with all respect, I’m going to want to see and play it. No worries….all good. Anyhow….” Chicken Shack “….LETS GO !! Have a great day….jak

Mel
      Participant

Jak – I can’t imagine what you are going thru. I am going nuts just reading your posts. LOL!! I hope someone turns you on to a good horn!

jak Swift
        Participant

Hi Mel. All good man ? No worries my friend. In the thick of it I was banging my head against the wall. Now I’m fine…really. I have a working tenor I get the Romanian horn back next week, dropped off by my friend and tech Al. He’s the most laid back guy, and I have a few very close friends who have gone out of their way to help all they can. By chance, I picked the most unscrupulous dealer on fleabag, but the cash is safley banked. Being a musician is tough. This last coupla years…awful !!!!! But we roll with the punches; into every life a little rain must fall….I got the full monsoon, hurricane, and the bill….LOL !! Gigs begin this evening, so hopefully things are looking up. Thanks for the great tunes Mel….keep them coming and have a great day amigo…jak

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.