Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Theo Wanne Durga 3 Alto blue A.R.T mouthpiece

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Wow just got my new mouthpiece today!

Made from new materials – not ebonite,
      which theo claims is more resonant than
      ebonite mouthpieces!

My instructor has one of the first ebonite
      selmar solo mouthpieces, and he claims
      it sounds better than modern day ebonite
      selmar solo mouthpieces. Which suggests
      that original ebonite miuthpieces maybe
      different to present day ones in terms of
      the way they are made.

I think Theo claims his A.R.T. material is
      closer to the original ebonites! Who knows
      any way?

Can’t wait to try it out! after i’ve soaked some
      new reeds for it!
      2g4pm-image.jpg
      314db-image.jpg

Anonymous

cool – looks like the next generation of mouthpieces are here on planet earth!
        I hope it creates a new generation sound for the Sax – that would be awesome!

Abe Sloan
        Participant

So JB, What can you tell us about that mouthpiece?

Anonymous

Abe – its a trophy piece!
            Its too loud to play in small rooms!

Because i’m working on alto sax grades, it’s not suitable for classical music. It’s ideal for Jazz big band playing.

I use a selmar mouthpiece – which is ideal for doing classical music as it has the correct tone/projection.

Abe Sloan
            Participant

Good to know JB. I cannot afford one anyway. When I got my new Yani 2 months ago It came with a Yani 5 mouthpiece which I found unplayable so I got a Selmer C*. Last week I gave the Yani mp another try and and I really like it. It plays in tune better up and down the horn and the tones at both ends are much easier. Next is reeds. My teacher says that it will take 6 more months for the changes that I am going through now to yield to stability. Practice, patience, patient practice, and practice patience, his formula for eventual success.

Anonymous

Absolutely Abe!
                i remember the day when my teacher got a new mouthpiece he wanted, i said to him – ‘well go on then,
                lets hear you play it’
                He played jazz up and down the sax, and then stopped and said there’s lots of harmonics in the notes
                that i don’t want to hear, it’l take my at least 2 weeks to get it to sound (embouchure wise) how the
                notes should sound correctly – at that time i was just starting the altissimo course on overtones, so i
                didn’t have a clue what he was talking about, i couldn’t hear anything wrong, but he could, obviously being
                a pro, he’d developed a very good ear over the years.

Long tones & full chromatic scales – work wonders, in a matter of several weeks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.