Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons The Saxophone by John Harle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant
      Anonymous

Cool – let us know what this book is like when you get it.

Mel
        Participant

I haven’t ordered it yet. Will probably wait until after it is released.

Anonymous

@Mel – had a look at some pages of this book as advertised, and it looks to be very interesting. Going to pre-order it and save some £’s

Anonymous

Now that this book is out, Has anyone bought this book? If so, how do you rate it.

Having just resumed playing the sax after an 8 week break, i opted out of buying this book. i don’t pariculary want to buy another book about how to play the sax, or what i need to be doing right on the sax etc.. as i have a great experienced sax teacher.

Right now it’s back to basic grade one work on the sax, until my embouchure has recovered.

jak Swift
              Participant

I remember seeing a BBC documentary about John Harle about twenty five years back. He was at the Royal College of music. It covered his progress with him getting a 100% pass mark for his rendition of ” Deep Purple ” He played it an alto sax. All very classical but remarkable.

jak Swift
                Participant

I imagine the book will be pretty deep, but he’s a consummate musician ; probably heavy, but totally together

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.