Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Tenorsax update !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi: hope everybody is good. My horn was finally posted this morning. The guy didn’t exactly drag his heels, a combination of his gigs, the weekend, and his living in a remote part of the country didn’t help. He was supposed to post yesterday, even sent the ref numbers for pick up. This morning when I saw it had still not been dispatched, I told him to forget it, send back my money, and watch his 100% E Bay record take a large dip. The guy does a lot of buying and selling, within a half hour I was informed it is on its way. I have no time for cyber social media. Tried Facebook for a time, but got bored double time. It is though a great tool in a situation like this. I’d much prefer people play straight, but yeah, hopefully tomorrow….more likely Thursday.

jak Swift
      Participant

So yesterday, I’m trying to find room for these drums. Pulled out an old tenorsax case, and had forgotten I had this curious horn. A Rumanian ” Arta Guban ” tenor. I remember a major spring has popped on it. I think its a sixties tenor, brass heavy , it just has a ” trouserguard ” so getting to that spring is a job for Al ( my buddy and looooooong time tech ). The real buzz was the mpc in the case.
        No idea what it is, I got it as a total blank. I gave it to a guy, asking him to open it up to 120 and to play about with the baffle to get the brightest, hardest sound. Yesterday, I only had #3 & 4 reeds. For the first half hour, I could barley get a sound….LOL !! Just got a few Rico orange, going up in half’s from 1.5. So, a good find, though a work in progress. When I get settled, I’ll send it back to him…..get it finished !!
        Have a great day……jak

john
        Keymaster

wow jak, you had a tenor stashed away and didn’t even know it??!!

jak Swift
          Participant

LOL !! Yeah its not a bad horn Johnny, bit like those Kohlert tenors. All good with you I hope man !! Just having cofee before I order a synthetic reed. I’m waiting on the new horn to come, Friday latest. Its all E Bay, PayPal tight….just the guys taken almost ten days. One great tenor Johnny, that’s all I ask.

jak Swift
            Participant

I just been flicking through the blogs. Thought I’d leave my life story. If any of you can’t sleep….LOL !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.