Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Tenorsax update !!…..again !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

LOL !! I’m taking great time and care over this. In a righteous world, I should be playing a ” Hammerschmidt ” Klingsor \ Silvertone. The guy was a nightmare. I saw what looked to be a decent, new horn on fleabag, but its Chinese origin….Noooo way !! Anybody hear of ” Chiltern ” saxophones. They are made for Howarth: a London sax store, and according to the blurb are a combination of Yani, and Cannonball parts. Howarth have a great reputation, and its a refreshing change for them to disclose the source of their components. These days that kind of information is usually kept a close secret. Ridiculous, but sadly true. A Beuscher ” truetone ” is my second and final bid for the moment. I’m going to get it right this time !! If anybody would have access to pictures of a ” Chiltern “, and would be kind enough to load em up, I’d appreciate the feedback. Beautiful sunny day here in Liverpool… Have a good one…..jak

Mel
      Participant
        jak Swift
        Participant

As always your a star Mel…thank you. Missed that one by an hour. The ” truetone “….?? The guy accepted my offer, but wanted a mpc thrown in. I haven’t got one I’m prepared to part with….so; ( cue drum roll ); I have bought and paid for a new Trevor James. Black enamel, gold keys, looks great !! Paid 650 ( pounds ) for it, which was my absolute max after buying the Lawton. I’m happy, its brand new ( just been sitting in a closet, unused ). No Kings, Conn’s, or Selmers this time, but its going to be a solid workhorse. The Lawton is fabulous !!
          Thanks everybody for all your help, patience and understanding. Alls well, that ends well !!
          Cheers…jak

Mel
          Participant

Is this the one? If so you should have yourself a nice horn!

http://www.sax.co.uk/trevor-james-horn-classic-ii-tenor-saxophone-blackgold.ir

jak Swift
            Participant

Think mine is the horn 1 Mel. Its a kind of metallic silver \ black…gold keys. One day soon, I’ll grab this laptop, show you my horns, mpcs, drums, congas, photos of my relatives….the usual cr**…lol !!
              If you get a chance, there has been a lot of altissimo talk recently, and rightly so. IMO..the best altissimo on record is ” Spanish Moon ” off of ” Little Feats ” live album ” Waiting for Columbus ”
              played by Lenny Pickett…who else ?? Seriously man, thanks for all your help, I owe you one man !!

jak Swift
              Participant

Gotta stop saying man….man !! Im just a daft old hippie…

jak Swift
                Participant

Man

jak Swift
                  Participant

TREVOR JAMES ” THE HORN ” BLACK AND GOLD. That’s the given ” name ” Mel. Never thought I’d be so happy to grab an average tenorsax. I’ve had a lot of time to think about this and I’m totally with Andy Snitzer . I’m going to sound a lot better on this than on a clapped out S20, regardless of the kudos.
                    All done, the seller only lives 50 clicks away, so it will be here by the weeks end. Whoah…these jalapeño are HOT m…..nope !!

Anonymous

Marc Russo scraping the dust off the ceiling!

jak Swift
                      Participant

Great clip Jeff, thanks. I love playing that calypso feel. A tune ive played for years is ” The Everywhere calypso ” by Sonny Rollins. I think its on the ” Next “album. Lot of good stuff on here this morning….its gonna be a good day !! Gotta get down that ” Respect ” solo. For the record, I think it moves from Emi \ AM \ Emi \ Fmi ?? Any thoughts..??
                        Have a good day folks, and blow like, there’s no tomorrow.!! ( not politically apt but hey !! )
                        Best….jak

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.