Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Summertime

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by john.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Your version of Summertime sounds great on the Tenor!

I haven’t had chance to download your last 6 songs – Europa, Green Onions, Lets Get It On, Pink Panther, Runaway, Summertime.

The last time i used paypal with my credit card, some scumbag got hold of my credit card details and tried to buy an apple mac on the pc world website.
      So had to get rid of my credit card.

Also had to do without my sax for 3 weeks while it was being repaired.
      Then when i got my sax back, couldn’t play it, while waiting a couple of weeks to get a crowned tooth taken out, with an abcess in the gum.

Finaly got my tooth out on wednesday, still can’t play, until my gum has healed from the abcess. Hope to start back playing next week, after a 7 week break. lol

Mel
      Participant

Wow sxpoet! It sounds like the worst is over. Hope the healing is good and fast!

Mel
        Participant

Nice Summertime and Green Onions videos by Johnny!!

Anonymous

Thanks Mel – what’s really annoying is, i’ll have to drop down a reed size (buy some more lower reeds) and drop down a mouthpiece size, until i’ve got my lip strength back. Only a temporary set back.

I was hoping to upgrade my alto to a pro model recently, but put that on hold, was almost tempted to switch over to buying/playing Tenor, but then i couldn’t be bothered to go through all the hassle of spending months finding the right mouthpiece/lig/reed to go with it.

john
            Keymaster

ya, welcome to the world of saxophone playing eh!?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.