Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions solo to the song tequila

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Does anyone have the solo to the song Tequila? I found one on you tube but i am having a little trouble getting it down because of the british accent.I am finding the second part of it difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Bishop
      Participant

I can play the song/solo and one thing that helped me was listen to the actual song itself; which is something that’s always good to do no matter what solo/song we’re learning. If someone is showing you how to play a solo, they may show you the notes of the solo but they’re not necessarily showing you some of the things that you really need to know to make it sound rhythmically like the real thing. That’s why it helps to listen to the actual song because we pick up on things that sheet music/tutorial can’t show us. The 2nd part of the solo has a distinct feel/flow to it; listen really carefully to it to get that rhythm in your head and then try playing it. Takes some practice so be patient.

john
        Keymaster

Hang tight, I’ll have it available soon.

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Now that…is one song I would LOVE to hear you play Johnny; it’s absolutely perfect for your style of playing and your Sax set up. This coming week I’ll be buying your new release you just did. That was a REALLY cool backing track, it sounds like it was done with real instruments playing right there with you, way cool!
            As you know, I learned Tequila about a year ago but with my USB webcam/mic at that time, and it was my first time to use a Metal MP; it was kind of rough LOL It’s cool to be able to look back on things like that and look at our progress and smile about it 🙂 I would have loved to have had some help at that time in breaking the solo down.

john
            Keymaster

Hey guys, I finally wrote out the solo and recorded a how to video for it.
              You can link to this new tequila solo music and video lesson from the saxophone music section under the Tequila download page:

Saxophone Music

PS
              Make sure you’re signed in cause it’s for members only.

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Fantastic Johnny! I guess this has been a solo lots of Members have requested? Can’t say I blame them…I think it’s one of the greatest Saxophone solos of all time. I watched your tutorial already and there’s some really good points you bring out that would have certainly helped me when I did it a year ago as I just roughed/winged it LOL; VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. I’ll be re-doing it soon, right now I’m working on a few projects–will upload one of them next week.

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny – i was looking through my stuff, and i came across a similar piece translated by J Laughter in 8/99,
                  don’t know where i got that from? very close arrangement in parts, using growling, and flutter tongues.

Anonymous

Hi Johnny – just e-mailed it to you to look at!
                    cheers
                    sxpoet

john
                    Keymaster

ya, someone from SOTW emailed that to me years ago but i coudn’t find it.

john
                      Keymaster

Thank you Johnny and thank you all. Michael, I have been doing what you said, I actually downloaded the actual recording that is played 20 times in a row, drives the wife crazy but is fun for me.I will be looking at Johnnys solo in a moment.I have to say I love this site.

Frank

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.