Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions So, who has seen Johnnys “Rock around the Clock” on youtube? :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Looks like Johnny is getting ready to release some absolutely CRACKING 50’s songs, who got the chance to see “Rock Around the Clock” he just uploaded? It should remind each and everyone one of us as student saxophone players, what an awesome guy we have helping us to learn and progress in our own playing. For me, personally, I almost couldn’t watch him playing it because it hurts! The more I learn about playing the saxophone, the more I realize just how far I have to go in my playing and how LITTLE I know. Gotta love it 😉

Edwin Wolleson
      Participant

I watched it…Super Cool! Sure hope he release the sheet music for either for free or for sale.
        Sure wish i could figure out how to play even 10% that good!
        Can’t wait for Sea Cruise also..Love that sax. I got the main melody figured out, but can never get the timing on the sections were the vocals are..Hopefully watching Johnny will help.
        Sure glad he is doing some Rock-N-Roll stuff! Thats the only reason I wanted to try and learn sax in the first place. .. 99.999999% percent of everything for sax out there is jazz. I have bought tons of blues sax books trying to get close to rock..and they always end up being jazz also (except for Johnny’s stuff!) Cool he is doing some REAL Rock-N-Roll!
        Keep us rocking Johnny!

john
        Keymaster

I know what you mean… when I was younger and buying up method books they were all either classical or jazz. Learned a lot of theory and technique from them but there were never any real rock and roll books, and the jazz guys would sometimes have a rock or blues section but it was from a very heavy jazz perspective and not really what I was interested in for learning that stuff. I suggest getting on the rock and roll stuff and if you want to also figure out how to solo in that stuff check out my Killer Blues course too if you’re ready for that. You can also start learning how to solo with my free lessons under the “improvisation” section of the lesson vids.

Michael Bishop
          Participant

I can see the reaction on my friend’s face, when ever they come to our house and I show them Johnny’s Rock & Roll/Blues songs on the Tenor, and it’s obvious to see what they want to hear. I have to remind them I am YEARS away from being able to play like that. But the great thing is that we’re in good hands here on Johnny’s site and it REALLY helps cut the learning curve.
            I’ve been making good use of those Improvisation lessons here on the home page, in conjunction with what I’ve been learning in Killer Blues. I LOVE it because it’s so, so wide open and there’s no end to what we can do. I really like how Johnny shows in Killer Blues “this is HOW it’s done, now lets see what you can do with it.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.