Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Smooth Jazz with 1927 Vintage Conn Chu Berry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Z
      Participant

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I really love your tone Amminn, you sound great to say the least 🙂 I wish I could go back in time and learn to play when I was younger, I never had that opportunity to learn like you are right now. I wouldn’t change a thing–your Sax, set up, etc.. is clicking for you. Nice licks/riffs in there too, very cool how you’re articulating to get that Smooth-Jazz sound. Hats off to you Amminn…do yourself a favor and keep the great work 🙂

jake
          Participant

Great Job!
            What kind of effects are you adding to your sound in this recording? Sounds great!

Anonymous

Hi Aminn. Well played! Thanks for posting that tune. It’s good to hear you putting that vintage sax to proper use.

Z
              Participant

Thanks guys! Jake, I record into logic, and when you have an audio track, I go to the different instrument options and choose alto sax, then turn the echo all the way down(echo usually sounds bad from what I’ve done), then turned the reverb and ambience up a little bit. Probably not more than halfway (50%) on logic’s mixer thing. I kind of experiment with those two things whenever I record because for something like this, I want more reverb to get that smooth sound, but it wouldn’t transfer over well to a straight ahead jazz/bebop tune. So you have to experiment for sure but the only effects are a little bit of reverb and ambience.

john
                Keymaster

Nice Aminn, you got the right tone and the effects are just about right too….not too much to take away from your horn but just enough to smooth it out. nice sounding horn and kinda weird to hear a more modern sound from this vintage instrument. when I think of those horns I think of older jazz and blues stuff.

Z
                  Participant

I do too! I do however like smooth jazz quite a bit, and this is great for that as well. I will also be uploading some jazz stuff here pretty soon hopefully and you can hear how the horn sounds without any effects.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.