Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Slow Walk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dazza
    Participant

I was recently introduced to Sil Austin and am loving his style and downloaded heaps of his songs from YouTube and play them constantly in my car. Can’t find any transcriptions of Slow Walk though. Does anyone have something on this one. Not suggesting I can play his style but would like to give it a go!

john
      Keymaster

oh yes! been lovin sil for many years.
        Check out “Battle Royal” which is a tenor sax battle between Sil Austin and Red Prysock, another awesome player.

this is just very basic blues so of course you can do it! just leave the double-tonging theatrics for now…
        he’s playing tenor so he’s in G and keeping it all around the pentatonic blues scale which is only 5 notes:
        G minor pentatonic is G Bb C D F

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Yeeaaahhh….now that’s what we’re talking about 🙂 Thanks for sharing Dazza, that’s a good one 🙂 I’m glad Johnny mentioned Red Prysock…man that guy has got some good, GOOD stuff. 2 of my favorites of his is “Purple Wail” and “Charleston Twist” these guys are all using the pentatonic/blues scales that Johnny teaches us how to use in Killer Blues–listen to the song above that Dazza shared and listen to the 2 songs below–we can hear those scales/key notes being used by these guys time and time again….GOOD stuff 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.