Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Samba Pa Ti?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      I was scrolling down to take a look at “Take Five” and my cpu isn’t showing “Samba Pa Ti” on your music selection–is it still there? I noticed you still have it on your youtube channel though.

john
      Keymaster

you;re right, I was editing that page last week and must have accidentally omitted it…I’ll get it back up ASAP.
        thanks for that.
        Johnny

Michael Bishop
        Participant

That’s one of the songs I plan on learning and playing at next year’s Santa Fe Spanish Festival of Music and Arts–so I won’t let you remove it LOL 🙂
          I bought it here a few months back to have it when I was ready for it (that old saying of having the $ when we don’t need something but not having the $ when we do need something, now I don’t have to worry about it because I have that song) the good news is that there are lots of people out there where I was raised in the Spanish/Latin community who are familiar with Santana’s music on the guitar, so this one will hit really well with them. As I get closer to that date we’ll have a private lesson so that you can provide some pointers for me on this song regarding some embellishments.
          Sax players INITIALLY may think of the Tenor when it comes to playing Latin music on the Saxophone–and that certainly has LOTS of truth–but actually it is the ALTO that natives from Latin-American countries (we call them “los latinos” in spanish) SEEM to associate more with Latin sax playing. Just one example is the lead sax player in the link to this youtube video of Julio Iglesias’ own band of his song “Gozar La Vida”–of course Julio loves having the ladies with him on stage too :)–http://youtu.be/My2Ssoy6UcU My awesome wife just got me 2 songbooks FULL of Julio Iglesias songs/sheet music and this is one of them in there, Moonlight lady is not. One of my favorites are “Moralito” “Agua Dulce, Agua Sala” and “Baila Morena”—all SO PERFECT to play on the alto saxophone!

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.