Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Route 66 with Louis Prima and Sam Butera–great sax sound

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

I love Louis Prima’s Sax sound/tone in all of his songs, fantastic energy.

Bill Mecca
      Participant

LOVE SAM!!

William Cingolani
        Participant

Great tune Route 66. I once Had a corvette in days gone by and cruised along A!A listening to Route 66. Looks like Johnny has some good tunes coming soon

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Those are some cool tunes that Johnny has coming, never thought about any of those that he’s releasing for the Saxophone, an eye-opener for sure. The cool thing about those songs he’s releasing is that they’re easy to learn and sound great too. Some guys think that a song has to be complicated to sound good and that’s just not true. On a side note, this song of Route 66 is on my to-do list, I just had the Sax solo transcribed and it’s very straight forward. I couldn’t believe I got a decent backing track from Karaoke for this song, unbelievable to say the least. Have a listen below with their custom features for editing. Here’s the link for you, just mute the lead vocals and the Saxophone part on the backing track:
            http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/louis-prima/route-66.html

Bill Mecca
            Participant

Karaoke-version is great….especially the custom tracks that you can remix. Some guys download each track separately and remix (efx etc).

Michael Bishop
              Participant

@ Bill–good call. When I did the Green Onions about a year and a half ago I downloaded the track from Karaoke where I could mute the organ, then downloaded it again where I could mute the guitar in the famous solo in the middle of the song. Then with the cpu I was able to take those 2 tracks and remix them with the cpu like you said and I got the perfect backing track where I could Improvise on the Sax in place of the guitar and play the main melody lines on the Sax in place of the Organ, it worked perfectly and the track sounded great too, just like the real thing. As you know there are some good things on Karaoke, but there’s also a lot of songs that are so generic sounding that’s it’s not even worth using.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.