Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Red Prysock's "Charleston Twist"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,

I really love Red Prysock’s music and had to share this one he called “The Charleston Twist”. Dig that rhythm in his playing 🙂 Sometimes, I wish I had grown up in this era of music; what a special time it was in the world of music. I would have loved to see Red Prysock, King Curtis, Lee Allen, Big Jay, Ilinois Jacquet (and the list goes on and on of players) that I would have loved to see them play live. If I remember reading correctly, it seems like the Berg Larsen MPs were the MPs of choice for many of those guys…I think Johnny played on a Berg Larsen for some time before switching to a Guardala. It was either Berg Larsen’s or Otto Links in those days–Ben Webster played on an Otto Link, didn’t he? I’ve heard “controversial” things said about Berg Larsen MPs…some people today love them and others say they can’t play them. Seems like lots of those kinds of reviews are a “subjective” thing because it’s all very personal…one thing may not work well for one person, but it works great for another?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.