Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Red Prysock

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

They are great songs Michael. In saying that, I worked out last night, the 32 bars I mentioned are actually the guitar line. The intervals go all over the place. For now it stays; sounds good and a good exercise playing those jumps in eighth notes.
      Good luck to you Michael….in all you do…☺

jak Swift
      Participant

And yeah, I have to agree, Johnny runs the best site there is….☺!!

john
        Keymaster

Coincidentaly… since some of you guys have been talking about Greg Piccolo, he also recorded The Hammer and holds Red Prysock as one of his favorite sax players of all time.

Michael Bishop
          Participant

@ Johnny–I don’t blame Greg Piccolo for lovin’ Red Prysock so much! I’ve been wanting to have a few custom backing tracks made for his music through the folks that I use–they do GREAT work. I wanted to get 1 made for this song of his below “Charleston Twist” 🙂

jak Swift
            Participant

Red is the man !! Greg Piccolo has fine taste, and is a fabulous player. The whole package; Great cover shot on ” Heavy Juice ” ? The lightning bolt \electric charges. Great stuff..!!☺

jak Swift
              Participant

I’m just winding up for the day. Back on the link; keeping it loose after aggravating an old muscle pull. We have covered some great players so far. Von Freeman was a real find for me. His son is also a tenorsax player apparently. Chico ??
                Plenty more to come I hope; I rarely watch TV and love listening to these guys each night.
                So….who’s next..?? Some more Lee Allen, Bobby Keys, Stanley Turrentine….??
                I’m getting things more organized. R&R trans \ Johnny’s bts on tenorsax. Bari …a combo of working the bottom end….making sure those low notes have an audible crack. Any jazz I do play apart from standards on bari; I tend to bop. Be bop bari…..oh yeah !!😊

jak Swift
                Participant

This has been a great post…whatever. Funny thing : if you take a look at the album cover ” Red Prysock “…right hand corner..” Hand clappin, foot stomping, R&R.” Left corner…” Thirty soothing platters “…..😕

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.