Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Recording Accessories?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kenn
    Participant

Hey Guys…I’ve been reading, listening, viewing some of the recording equipment some of you use, recommend, etc. Most of it is over my head so I’m looking for a little help here. I want to get some recording accessories just so I can listen to myself play along with tracks to improve my playing. I don’t think I need high tech, professional, studio, expensive equipment but I don’t want cheap stuff that won’t do me any good either.

I just want a good system that will give me a true sound that I can improve my playing. Something that I won’t need to upgrade in a few years but I don’t want a system that would be overkill either. Plus all the accessories needed for a recording system. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Thanks,
      Kenn

Anonymous

Hi Ken
        If you just want to monitor your own playing, without all the hassle of mics and cables etc. check out the Philips DVT2500 or similar devices. You can set it on the least sensitive setting, put it anywhere in the room and press record. It has a number of recording formats and makes use of stereo microphones which are really sensitive. The sound files can be downloaded to your PC and you can use ‘Audacity’ to edit the files.
        (Audacity is free software from http://audacityteam.org/)

Anonymous

More about the DVT2500

Philips DVT2500

Kenn
          Participant

Hi Jeff…And thanks for the reply!

I’ll check out both the software and the Philips device more thoroughly.

Thanks again,
            Kenn

Dazza
            Participant

Does anyone have knowledge around plugging a Sure SM57 directly into am iPad Air. I have it going through a powered USB hub as the phantom power in the iPad isnt sufficient but Garage Band won’t recognise it. I read somewhere it can be done but to no avail as yet. Does anyone know of a good mic that they have directly in the iPad? It would be such a portable recording / practice setup if I could get it to work!

Anonymous
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.