Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions RECORDING

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tim56
    Participant

Hey guys: I have a new laptop, Lonovo/IBM. Can any of you recommend a program to record with using Johnny’s backing tracks and anything else that might be of help? I have been on the site for a few years, and have not kept up with he recording info. Thanks for anything you might suggest. Tim

Anonymous

Hi Tim
        I use ‘Garage Band’ to record and ‘Audacity’ to edit the recording.
        Audacity is shareware and it can be downloaded from here http://audacityteam.org/
        You can combine tracks and perform various actions such as amplification and applying filters.

Tim56
        Participant

Jeff: Thanks! I checked out Garage Band. The FAQ’S with comments were not very good for Windows 10. Do you use a Mac? Johnny does. He told me about garage band too. So, I’ll look at it more today. Where do you live? I may meet up with Johnny at The NAMM show. Should be fun. Thanks for your info. Tim

jake
          Participant

I use mixpad on my pc. Pretty simple and straight forward to use. I believe there is a free version too.
            Also you can us reaper. Amazing program but steep learning curve. I shy away from it because I want basic decent recordings and can achieve that through the mixpad. Hope this helps.

Tim56
            Participant

Jake: Thanks so much. I will look at it. I am practicing right now and will see how it works. Tim

Anonymous

Hi Tim. Yes, I do use an Apple Mac to record the audio with a Samsung Meteor microphone. Transfer the audio file to my PC using a memory stick and edit the file with Audacity in a Windows 7 OS. I live in South Africa, in a town called Vanderbijlpark about 70km south from Johannesburg. Windows 10 is the main reason I bought my MAC. Cheers Jeff

Tim56
                Participant

Jeff: Thanks. WOW SA. I know a surf guy from Durban. Sean Tompson. I lived by him in California. Anyway, I’ll see how it goes with M10? Tim

Anonymous

I’ve just discovered this really cool tool in Audacity, for checking your recording’s frequency range.

Spectrum analysis

One could use tool this to analyze your recording environment and microphones performance.

Tim56
                    Participant

Jeff: Interesting. I’ll check it out when I download and put it to use. Tim

William Cingolani
                      Participant
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.