Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Question about Improvisation lesson in Killer Blues ebook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey Johnny,
      I started on the first lesson in How to player Killer Blues this morning–my high F# is already coming out way better than yesterday!–and I read something in the ebook that really, really hit with me:
      Everything I’m going to be learning can be used & applied in any of the major/minor scales (I’ve learned the major scales in your ebook, I started learning the minor scales earlier this month). So, if I had a friend who was playing on his piano ( I actually just met someone and his family who moved here from New Orleans and he loves to plays the blues on the harmonica and piano/wants to get with me to have some fun)depending on what concert key HE’S playing in on his piano, that tells me what scale I can to play these licks/riffs on my alto/tenor?
      THIS BLOWS MY MIND AWAY; because this means that we’re talking about an ENDLESS ARRAY of licks/riffs on the saxophone that I can actually use in a real-life band type of situation?!? This is really strong stuff! SO COOL!!!
      After the holidays/holiday music uploads I was going to upload to the blog an Improvisation tune I created on the alto from part one of your lesson here; we didn’t have the time in our lesson for me to show you/need your input. I started playing with part 2 of that lesson.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.