Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Question about Guardala MBI and Fatboy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
      For your own personal playing, are you using the Guardala Michael Brecker model or Fatboy for your playing? It seems like the Fatboy has a fuller projection to it v.s. the Michael Brecker model that has more of an ‘all-around’ type of sound? That’s what my ears hear anyway. I plan on getting 1 of the metal Guardalas and the 1 of the Carbon Fiber Model–use the Carbon Fiber for indoor/intimate settings and the metal Guardala for larger settings. I have a question about the Fiberreed, but will put that in the Reed section of the forum. Will start taking care of this when the new school year picks back up–my wife helps me make things like this happen 🙂 Thanks!

jak Swift
      Participant

If you don’t mind my asking Michael what mpc ( s )..are you using at the moment ?

john
        Keymaster

For live on stage I prefer the MBI as it is brighter (but not as full)
          some studio recordings I prefer the Fatboy cause it is bigger
          for some things the fiber carbon fatboy works nice cause it’s not quite as loud

Michael Bishop
          Participant

I have actually thought about the MBI–it’s a few hundred dollars more, but it could be worth it. That’s what I was talking about above with the MBI being more of an all-around type of MP. The Carbon Fiber model I would use for more indoor/intimate settings. To raise $ for these MPs my wife and I are listing loads of stuff on ebay over this weekend that we don’t use around the house any more and have already sold some of it. Thanks for your help:) Will be getting your new song releases ASAP–summer budget for my family and I is always somewhat tight. When school starts up again then things go back to normal.

john
            Keymaster

Well keep me posted on what you may decide on…I may have two used mp’s: silver Fatboy and also a MBI….maybe. they
              d be practically new, barely used but would sell lower than the brand new price.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.