Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Question about Greenslevees song, measure number 16 and 32

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny, I noticed while learning Greenslevees–great song you included at the end of the ebook; I noticed it shows on measures number 16 and 32 the note G#, F# and then G; my question is about the 3rd G in this measure, it too is played in G#? If there is a note in a particular measure-the example here is G#, that means then all other Gs in that measure will be sharp too unless there’s a natural sign in front of them, correct? On my last blog upload you had cautioned me to be aware of playing the right notes. Playing the F# in that song is something I know not to do, I just wasn’t paying attention as you brought out, thank you for seeing that. I didn’t even realize I had accidentally played the low F#. Also learning “Somewhere over the Rainbow” at the end of your ebook–I wonder if Dorothy had heard the Saxophone version of that song she would have wanted it on the movie instead LOL 🙂 😎 Thanks!

john
      Keymaster

Yes that’s right, the second one will be # as well because it’s noted as a # previously in the same bar.
        The reason for a G# in this song is because the song is in the key of A minor, and so G# is the leading tone in this key.
        That means it’s the note just before the root note which is A. The leading tone always creates the biggest resolution in music because it wants to resolve to the tonic, which is the “home” key.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Got it–thanks so much for creating this site Johnny!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.