Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Altissimo Course problem with altissimo A

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HAMID BEIK
    Participant

dear johnny
      I’ve got all of your excellent altissimo course and practiced them
      and now I am able to play the note from f# to D continuously very well.
      but there is a problem when i want to play from any note or directly to A , I can’t make a good sound and i can’t continue playing.
      would you please lead me

yours
      hamid

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Hi Hamid,
        That’s so cool to see you’re in Johnny’s Altissimo course too–seems like there’s a good number of members working on it for sure; awesome. It would help to see some kind of video demo from you, that way we can see exactly what’s going right/wrong for you. As you know, there’s lots of things that we have to work on to play in this range and when we play an Altissimo note, all of those things come together. If we’re lacking in just one of the things that Johnny teaches, then it can make hitting those notes very difficult. For me, Altissimo G and G# were the hardest to play consistently because of all these adjustments we have to make in our oral cavity, embouchure, air supply from our diaphragms, etc.. There always seems to be that one note or something that each of us struggle with…keep at it though and you will get there. Johnny has provided all the tools as you know. A video demo would really help so that we can see what’s happening for you.

john
        Keymaster

Hamid, so are you saying you can’t play the A directly or when you go to it from another note?

HAMID BEIK
          Participant

actually the direct playing I mean

john
            Keymaster

ok so you are having success with most high notes except the A.
              I would play the high Bb with the A fingering plus the side palm key (check the fingering chart in the course) if you can hit that note hold it long and strong then release the side palm key while playing… this will land you on the A. play it strong and also play it an octave lower a few times to get the 2 notes firmly in your head…then try it up in the altissimo.

HAMID BEIK
              Participant

I will practice and show you the result
                Thank you Johnny

Anonymous

Hey Hamid – something useful i use is an ap called tunable on my ipad, its basically a tuner that emits any note on the sax, including notes on the altissimo range, but it also tells you what octave you are playing the note in. Which is cool because i didn’t realise i’d been playing notes in the 5th & 6th octave, i thought there were in the 4th octave.

HAMID BEIK
                  Participant

Hi michael
                    Thnak you for your good advices and information
                    I will record a video and send for checking after i do johnny’s practices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.