Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Problem tuning my Tenor Sax with Band

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rufus Dsouza
    Participant

Dear Sir,

I am from Mumbai – India a few question for my Tenor Sax (XX Century Hawks & Sons)

When I play a low ‘C’ – its shows ‘B’ on my digital tuner, When I play a middle ‘C’ – its shows ‘C’ and I don’t know the fingering for octave ‘C’. I think its needs a some adjustments. It came with a ROC mouthpiece with 7stars the bell is 6″ an I correctly measured the height it is 28″ without neck and 30.25 with neck.

Please help me with some information about tuning this tenor has it is a sharp horn. What mouthpiece should I use.

Attached are some pics.

Thankyou
      c7j4j-201.png
      ks2z5-20130819_235659.jpg
      y3xu0-20130819_235608.jpg

john
      Keymaster

Very cool! Yes it sounds like there is a problem. Check the position of your mouthpiece on the neck, it should be about half way on the cork.
        It could be that you are playing very very flat, but it could be your sax has a major problem so I can’t tell you from here!
        There is a way to tell if your sax is in tune with itself….
        Play a low Bb, then overblow to hit an F, but without changing the fingering. So, you are fingering low Bb but playing a low F. If you can do this and hear the F sound in tune to the regular fingered F then your horn is playing in tune.

Hope this makes sense!
        Johnny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.