Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Playing Song Techniques

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey Johnny !
      I know you are up to your eyeballs in stuff!

Ever thought of doing a course just on
      how to ‘Learn To Play a New Song’?

A sort of standard best method of showing
      us the best techniques in getting a song down
      from starting to pollished performance.

I’m sure this could be broken down into
      several sections video wise – and great
      song to do it with would be yakety yak
      as is quite a tricky one!

A course like that would be of greater use
      to me as a beginner – sort of more professionsal
      approach to tackling any song in more depth.
      instead of us aimlessly playing songs and
      hoping for the best! After all this is one of the
      most least tackled topics & imho the most
      important to get down?

john
      Keymaster

yes, that is a good idea and you’re not the first to suggest or ask for it so I know the feeling is shared. I’ll give it some thought for a possible future lesson for sure. But you’re right, at the moment have too much stuff to finish.

Dazza
        Participant

Not knowing where your priorities lie ultimately Johnny but I reckon we are all aware of how much time you spend on stuff to keep this site going and how economical your lessons and songs are to purchase. I may get howled down by some for suggesting this but maybe you should consider a yearly membership fee for members in order to gain access to all your knowledge and support, songs and lessons. I am sure for the cost of a couple of weekly lessons once a year everyone would find that great value and we would in turn be helping ourselves. Just my thought for the day…..

john
          Keymaster

Thanks for your input Dazza, I had others already saying they would actually prefer paying a monthly membership fee and have access to everything rather than buying this song or that course etc. There could be 2 options, so no need to “get you howled at”… a free membership as always with some helpful beginner’s lessons and a paid membership for those that would like to access everything I normally sell. It’s something I will think about.

Anonymous

Either way is fine.
              But from the paid membership sax sites i’ve seen,
              it seems more of providing quantity in terms of quality , i think they
              cut corners in getting a fixed number of backing tracks out yearly,
              like wise with their video courses! They feel they are xpected to junk
              out a load of stuff. Where as the true artist like Johnny, takes his time
              and then brings it out when he feels its right rather than putting tools down
              and saying we publish today?

Anonymous

Something i’m doing in my spare time, is starting up a monthly sax magazine,
                a free magazine, with various articles, hopefully get readers to contribute articles,
                etc.. It’s amazing the time involved in doing it, to get it done in a month, so i can
                see the work load Johnny he would have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.