Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation Pent Up Blues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here’s a little tune I wrote after being inspired by the Killer Blues Course.

Pent Up Blues

I still need more practice, but it’s a lot better than it was a week ago!

Anonymous

very good tune, i can actually hear the guitar chords that would fit & the type of drumming to fit alongside.

Anonymous

Here you go James, have fun! (You may need to correct a mistake or two)

Perhaps you can throw in a few glisssssses and ggggrrrowls!!!

Pent Up Blues sheet music

BTW – Has my sound improved much?

Anonymous

definite improvement in tone, notes all sound in tune, high notes are acceptable – nothing badly out of tune.

The tune sounds to have a sort of swing feel, so with the sound of the groups of 2 notes (pairs of 2 notes) – sort of dat-da dat-da dat-da dat-da – good emphasis on tonguing the dat’s ! just my oppinion – but the melody sounds great.

I’ll have a look at the music, and probably take it all back what i said! just going by what i heard.

There is a slight tremor in your sound – but i wouldn’t worry about that, i have days when i have an uncontrollable tremor – even in sax lessons.

Anonymous

Thanks just printed it off – i’ll try it out on thursday with my sax, and see how it goes!

Might even try it with the guitar, but can’t spend too much time, want to get my 3 sax grade songs polished off in the next 2 weeks (roughly at a pass mark, but still making mistakes – need to practice each one for 20 mins each every day – getting out of breath when i play each one, so i need to build up staying power£

john
              Keymaster

Yes Jeffery you got some good ideas starting to flow there
                Next I would suggest you do this same thing over a 12 bar
                The way it’s played here is in an 8 bar feel
                Play your 1st two bar riff twice
                This will set you up to play the 2nd riff in the 5 bar
                You. Also use one of my free backing tracks to guide you

Anonymous

Hi Johnny, thank you for the suggestion I shall investigate it after I have acquired a better understanding of your course material. There is so much to learn!

Looking at all your albums I wondered if it would be possible for you to make some CD’s available for ‘purchase and download’ like your courses.
                  Each SAX artist has their own particular style of playing and I would like to study your music more closely. To really listen I put the CD’s on repeat and play them for hours at a stretch.

jake
                  Participant

http://www.johnnyferreira.com/

Check this site out Jeff. Believe you can purchase CD here.

jake
                    Participant

or I was just looking, they are available on itunes to download as well. I’m not as much into the swing but his Rock N Roll Saxophonist speaks to me!! You can download individual tracks or the whole album! Only $9.90 for the whole album. Hope Johnny gets profits and i-tunes don’t take too much of it, he certainly deserves it!!

jake
                      Participant

Speaking of Rock N Roll Saxophonist, Just purchased the album on I-tunes! Great stuff for sure, man Johnny rips those altissimos. Makes em sound easy!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.