Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax One of my Saxophones arrived today :)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

test

john
      Keymaster

Michael, I tried uploading an image an it worked fine. Also tried using a couple of your links and didn’t work so try another host.
        I tried http://tinypic.com/ which was the first search result in google when I searched for free image hosting.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Trevor James SR Tenor Sax 1Trevor James SR Tenor Sax 2Trevor James SR Tenor 3Trevor James Sig.Custom Alto 1Trevor James Sig.Custom Alto 2Trevor James Sig.Custom Alto 3

Michael Bishop
          Participant

I don’t know why the pictures upload that big LOL But at least you can see them more up close like this LOL

Anonymous

Muchael – your Sax’s look absolutely beautiful Man!!!

My instructor was very dissapointed when i bought a
              yamaha, he would have prefered a
              trevor james!

I think the TJ’s have more soul
              thsn the yamaha’s

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Nothing wrong with Yamaha Saxophones…they’ve been making awesome Saxophones for years. The Vito alto that I had was what many call a “Stencil” Saxophone because Vito contracted with Yamaha to put their name on a Saxophone at a price that was much lower than a standard Yamaha…but it basically was a Yamaha Saxophone and I would have been quite content to play with it for years. After what happened last Spring when I was supposed to have my Trevor James Alto (I LOVE the Alto Sax!), I looked at keeping/sticking with my Vito Alto and getting a Vito Tenor as there are 1-2 great deals for Vito Tenors on Amazon right now. Nothing wrong with my Selmer Bundy either and I’ll still pull it out and play with it for sure; even though others call it a “student” model. It’s still a Selmer and they’re the best in the world! I just got a custom MBII MP made to pair with the Tenor–I have one for my Alto that I got made back in the fall–and I would be more than content to pair up my new MBII with a Vito Tenor. We always have to remember that, as Johnny has said, that a good MP/reed makes more of a difference than anything. It doesn’t do any justice to have Pro-Model Saxophones like these Trevor James unless we can play them–so now I’ve gotten myself into some “trouble” LOL 🙂
                So after what happened last Spring, I was SERIOUSLY going to get a Vito Tenor because I love them. They’re GREAT student model of Saxophones; but my WIFE said that if I didn’t put the $ into “rewarding” myself with these Saxophones….then she said that SHE would call Massullo Music and pay for them herself…..and she wasn’t bluffing either 🙂 I was going to go ahead and upload to my channel “Have You Really Ever Loved A Woman?” for her; she LOVES to hear it on the Saxophone. I’ll start uploading again very soon..in the process of moving into a new home.

john
                Keymaster

Just gorgeous horns Michael. The size of images shown here totally depend on how you upload to the free host. You must have just uploaded from your camera or computer without specifying an image size which you can do…these are obviously the full size, which do look great!

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

Gonna have some fun with them for sure 🙂 Thanks for the tip of uploading pics Johnny–that’s a new website/way of sharing pictures for me. If you look at the stove in the background (the house looks very “empty” right now as we are living among boxes packed with everything to move into our new place LOL) you’ll see a clock and notice the time that it was here so I must have mentally missed those options of Image size; we were a little tired and I look it too LOL

The Alto is the exact same model you did in your review of the RAW, only difference is that it’s the Gold Lacquered model. We had a set amount of $ to work with and was trying to make the best decision possible–a new Tenor was not originally in the plans…..but I’m glad I got it 🙂 I LOVE the alto Sax! Some of my very favorite music is on the Alto. Have you considered doing “The Work Song” by Cannonball Adderley with your own Improvisation on it? I was given a good backing track for it; sounds almost like the real thing. I’m not sure what key it’s in though. I’ll e-mail it to you and have a listen to it.

Kevin
                    Participant

Michael, congrats on acquiring the 2 new TJ’s, they are beauties for sure. Now you can progress without being impeded by any “equipment shortcomings”…

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

Thanks Kevin–we saved every penny we could. The last few weeks felt like one of those long baseball games that last 15 innings and you’re up at 3 am, waiting for something to happen and by that I mean we paid them off with our tax refund; the IRS made the deposit into our account in 2 separate transactions.
                        I will re-upload “Samba Pa Ti” as soon as I can with them and, yes, the LJ Hutchen I used for that first upload which my bro-in-law gave me had a few issues as the guys at the repair shop conclusively proved and fixed. For one, the Octave key was not sealing correctly and it was loosing air, you could wiggle the valve back-and-forth a litle bit and when you would press the Octave key the valve would not seal properly. Second, we know how important it is to tune a Saxophone..we adjust the MP where it’s not too far out or in. With the Theo Wanne Durga I used on the video, it was almost like there was not enough cork on the neck itself and the MP just slid all the way back. Third, the valve for the low C# was getting stuck at times but they fixed that too.
                        If you look at the previous uploads I have done, although they were FAR from perfect and there’s obviously much to improve and work on, the Saxophone WAS in tune and that alone makes a big difference as the attached video of Johnny’s shows. It’s IMPOSSIBLE to play the Altissimo with full control in the other attached video if your throat is not open, problems with your embouchure, or if you have a Sax that’s out of tune.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.