Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax One of my Saxophones arrived today :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

A year long of waiting is finally over…my Trevor James Signature Custom Alto Sax arrived today and it was worth every single penny I paid for it. I was going to upload some pictures of it for you to see, but can’t seem to do that right now here on the forum; no worries. In short, you couldn’t ask anything more in a Saxophone.
      The Tenor is coming in a day or so as Massullo Music shipped them separately. I wasn’t expecting to get the first one till around Thursday, so it was a pleasant surprise for the mail man to bring it today. Today makes me feel like a kid again 🙂

Michael Bishop
      Participant

I just put a post here in the forum that my Trevor James Signature Custom Alto Sax arrived today and that post disappeared, no worries. In short, you couldn’t ask for anything more in a Saxophone and it was worth every penny I saved to make this happen. Today I feel like a kid again 🙂 I was going to put pictures up but can’t seem to do that in the forum right now. My Saxophones got shipped about 1 day apart from each other, so my T.J. Tenor should be here in a day or so.

john
        Keymaster

Yes, will be adding the necessary features here shortly as this is a new forum install.
          Johnny

Michael Bishop
          Participant

My Trevor James SR Tenor arrived today and I’m totally blown away by this Sax! WOW…that’s all I can say about it. I’m super pumped about getting these Saxophones 🙂 Sandro with Massullo music had told me that the SR model was Trevor James’ pro model Tenor some time until they released the Signature Custom line of Saxophones and then they reclassified the SR Tenor as an “Intermediate” model of Sax. He assured me that it was as good, if not better, than many pro model Saxophones on the market today and he nailed it on the head with this one. These saxophones were worth the wait!

john
            Keymaster

Hey Michael, Sounds like you got a little more exited abut he tenor than the alto.

Michael Bishop
              Participant

🙂 That’s all I can do right now is smile, and I’ll be smiling for a little while for sure 🙂 The Alto is very “rich, bright, contemporary” and the Tenor has got “a lot of punch” I guess you could say. From Subtones to Altissimo G (5th octave); it’s almost too easy because they’re both so free-blowing. Ergonomically, they feel just right (for me anyway).
                The interesting thing is that between my Selmer Bundy Tenor Sax, the Vito that I had, an LJ Hutchen “with a few problems” and now these 2 Saxophones (we’re talking 5 different Saxophones that I’ve been able to try) all of your fingering positions from your Altissimo course worked just fine. I’ve learned that it’s more about technique v.s. fingerings but some locals I’ve talked to disagree with me; feeling that it’s important to know “many” different types of fingerings because, quote, “every Saxophone is different”. One guy told me “no two pair of shoes are the same.” I think I remember reading something where you said that you’ve tried something like 16 different Saxophones and used the exact same fingerings on all of them with no problems?

john
                Keymaster

I can’t remember how many I’ve tested for altissimo fingering accuracy but I think it was Sigard Racher who wrote the first altissimo book back in the middle of last century. He said they tried about 20 saxes and all his fingerings worked.

So can you post a pic of your saxes now? You need to upload the pics onto a free image hosting site and then can simply put o here….I wrote a post how to do it above this section. (just use the img tag in the above menu)>

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

I went to check the post and it’s all blank, just shows an empty box like where I’m typing right now to post this comment. We had some thunderstorms pass through here this evening and that may be affecting the internet service here. I’ll check it out tomorrow morning. How many pictures will it let us post?

Anonymous

Hi Michael – i clicked on the first link and it was running some software in the background,
                      i’m not sure if it was trying to install some stuff on my Pc.
                      I’m very wary of clicking on links as some sites (i’m not saying this one), but some sites
                      shove viruses on Pc’s – basically when you click on a link it should show the image
                      and not be running stuff in the background.

Saying that – lovely pic of your sax!
                      I don’t wan’t to click on the other links until i’ve virus checked my Pc!

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

Thanks for letting me know Sxpoet–I’m very wary of things like that too. Malware is a big problem these days. Everything seems to be fine on my end. Know of any other free image hosting sites besides postimag.org?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.