Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Night Train sheet music under “Saxophone Music”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny, I had noticed that there are 2 backtracks, one for Alto and one for Tenor, that you let us download for Night Train on your “Saxophone Music” Section. I was looking at the sheet music that we can download with it; is the sheet music for Tenor only? Looks to be a fun song to learn how to play, one of those I’ve loved for many years. Thank you! 😎

john
      Keymaster

No, it’s a chart for all saxes, that’s why there are 2 audio tracks, one for Eb the other for Bb.
        Usually I’ll only do 1 audio track but will have a chart for alto and another for tenor.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

WOW–that’s amazing….I started learning about transposing music-it’s really not that hard–but I had no idea (or at least haven’t learned yet) that the backtrack could be transposed the Eb/Bb, making it possible to use the same chart for both Saxophones. I met someone yesterday who said he started learning to play the Sax a few years back but got discouraged and quit because he realized first hand that it was much harder to learn than he was led to believe. I just assured him that it takes YEARS to achieve that level of playing we all want to get to (I certainly do!) and that a good teacher doesn’t expect us as Student players to learn to play without making LOADS of mistakes….they’ve been through it themselves because they know it’s all part of the learning process. But each mistake brings us closer to that awesome level of playing and the rewards are fantastic 🙂
          SIDE NOTE JOHNNY: I will be booking my private lesson before month’s end, looking to do it late this month/before December 8th; somewhere around there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.