Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions NEW TENORSAX !!!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Today, I paid for my tenorsax. This is the horn that will stay with me until I hang it up for good. Wouldn’t say I was superstitious, but I’d rather say…” I have ” when it arrives. Its UK bought, so that could be anytime within the week. I’m totally stoked !! I prefer unique horns to an extent. I almost bought Selmer. The price was fabulous. Sadly the guy wanted cash payment as it was a commission sale. Man, that did me a favour !! I tentatively accessed E Bay and a fifties classic screamed at me…” BUY ME !! “…so I did. No haggling, just paid the guy. This horn is totally my thing !!
      As for mpcs ? Well, both the Berg, and the silver Tayne play great, but are too close at 90\1 and #5 respectively…. Cont.

jak Swift
      Participant

To have bought the Selmer would have been a full day and an expensive train ride. No real choice. Student stuff, the one Selmer, then into real expensive horns. The guy was, may still be the UK source for ” Borgani “. He would have done me a sweet deal but out of my budget. Frankly, if this horn plays as well as I hope….that’s the one !! Fully overhauled, roo pads on rolled tone holes, raw patina, great engraving and an art deco style, clear, thick plastic\resin key guards. Just gotta sort a compatible mpc. I’ve given some clues…its not a toneking ( clear guards )…what is it ? Go on take a guess….I’ll think of a small prize !! All good. Take it easy….jak

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.