Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions NEW HORN !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

AT LAST !! I really have to be quick as I have band practice ; getting picked up in a half hour. The Trevor James arrived, its great. A ” classic ” is the name on the bell. Coupled with the Berg, I got back this morning, the Lawton also, it sounds fabulous. Hope you don’t mind Johnny, if I take a quick shot before I go and send it to you as my avatar. If its a hassle, no worries. Gotta dash, speak later….happy jak

jak Swift
      Participant

” Hi I’m back, the central scrutinizer ” ( Frank Zappa ) and have just put the horn through its paces. Its 100 %; played just great. One thing that has been on my mind, is the sling Clarence uses. Somebody once mentioned these, said they were totally the best, I’ll look into that one.

So, first time I’ve played with these guys. They do covers at corporate functions. They also played ” Respect ” in a different key….grrr !!!!
        All in all a good rockin start ; we went through,
        Stormy Monday – blues
        Burn for you – Jace Everett
        Respect – Aretha
        Dreams come true – Hall & Oates ( perc )
        Pick up the prices….thanks JF
        And an awful version of ” Grapevine ” ; as much as I dig Marvin, I dunno, I’ve just heard it too many times, it was too fast too slow; I suggested we change it to ” inner city blues “, if there has to be a Marvin Gaye tune. Yup, a good session.
        Take it easy….jak

Carl Robinson
        Participant

Hello Jak,
          I think I’ve got the same model a Trevor James Classic II “The Horn” had it about a month now. I’m told they’re a decent starter Saxophone, quite happy with mine to be honest hope you enjoy it.

jak Swift
          Participant

Hi Carl. Nice to cyber meet you. Yeah, mine came yesterday. Its a beautiful looking horn. A kind of black chrome finish, gold keys. What mpc are you using ?

Carl Robinson
            Participant

Mines the laquered finish–very shiny–have to play it with shades on it’s so bright lol. Don’t know what mouthpiece it is Jak probably the Trevor James one that comes with the Sax.

jak Swift
              Participant

Yeah, I got one of those, plus dozens of reeds. Its not a bad mpc !!

Carl Robinson
                Participant

Actually that’s a good point Jak, does the Trevor James MPC have any distinguishing marks as the one with mine has none.

jak Swift
                  Participant

Yo Carl…all good man ? First time I’ve looked at it, and yeah ; TJJ stamped slap in the centre of the barrel top. The lady that sent it has put a real old Rovner on it. Not a great fan of them, nor the ” Hahn ” synthetic in the mix. Brand new #3 if anybody wants it. Coupla boxes of Rico jazz select also, just when I’ve switched back to bari reeds. Ho hum !! I’ll be one of those E bay nerds that put up ” one reed, used once “…LOL !!

Carl Robinson
                    Participant

This means the MP on my TJ classic is not the one it came supplied with, as mine has no marks, seems to work ok though.

jak Swift
                      Participant

No marks at all, numbers ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.